Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Mill suggestions and improvements

Redfire427

• 7 months later...

When moving a file that I did at home over the weekend, to the work site computer, Mastercam dutifully respects all of the file locations on my home computer. I would like to see a dialog box asking me if I want to update those file locations, this should happen when importing a file made in a previous version.

quote:

Also, have an option to integrate the finish passes for the depth cuts with the finish pass for the multiple passes.

I also would like to see a finish feed rate adjustment option on contouring. Haven't seen anything about a finish feed rate adjustment for face milling. We order our stock oversize to be able to do a walk around, then flip and mill in the height. Would like to be able to adjust finish pass feed rate.

quote:

V9 was a much more stable platform.

I'd have to strongly disagree with that..

I can remember crashing a dozen times a day

programming large aerostructure parts in V9.

I remeber 0 byte crashes destroying a

week's work in a second..and the horror of realizing I'd overwritten my backup file.

If I have one crash a month in X3MU1 its a bad month.. and I never loose work anymore because

the backup utility works perfectly..

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes I have to agree. X3 has been MUCH better than V9 ever was. I could not EEEEEEEEEEEEVEN think about doing some of the transform stuff I do now in V9. It (V9) would just crawl to a grinding halt, and I'm just talking about SIMPLE drill and contour ops being transformed - nothing fancy.

quote:

If I have one crash a month in X3MU1 its a bad month.

-I had seven last Thursday.

-2Last Wednesday

-4 last Tuesday

-forgot how many on Monday

and so on

The week before I actually only crashed on a couple of days

Usually when hitting save of all things

in combination using these in different sequences will do it:

Create letters, xform project, dimensioning, on 2 different P.C.'s

from what I hear X4 is much more stable for the Beta testers.

can't wait cheers.gif

Oh I use the back up utility too and it does work perfectly between saves. but losing a 15 min here and there, really add up.

if you lose 15 min work then it take 15 mins to get caught up, the time you are catching up you loses 15 minutes of progress where you could have been doing something else. This doesn't include rebooting and walking off your anguish wink.gif

=45 minutes in my Bosses eyes(each time) eek.gif

another thing that can help with Save crashes

is setting up an exemption for mcx files in your AV software.

One more..

and this has probaby cause more crashes than anything else.. at least it did in V9

The "save a bitmap" option can cause all kinds of trouble.. When you have this option enabled,

your video card takes a screen shot and Mastercam saves it. Any issues between the video driver and Mastercam can lead to a crash.

If you've got this option on, try turning if off for a day or two and see if it helps.

X3MU1 is the most stable version I've ever used, but everyone uses the software diffrently.

I do mostly 3+2 and 5X work with occasional light duty surfacing toolpaths.

Someone doing hard core surfacing work is going to see a totaly different set of problems than I do.

Two great tips. I try them monday on my Work p.c.

Hows this for hard core.

My bench mark time is one of the lowest out there.

4Mins

I timed a waterline/rest material/add cut path the other day

using a .0005 total tolerance, it took 18 minutes. The cavity

mold base alone had 1290 surfaces.

that probably why I have so much time in

the off topic forum wink.gif

Thanks for your help Gcode

I have been sending in 1 out of 10 crash reports