Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Mill suggestions and improvements

Redfire427

quote:

After all, ISN'T THAT WHAT WE PAY FOR?

Don't you know we are just paying to cover the Mastercam seat(s) the OCC guys use? wink.gif

PS, has anyone sent to QC the problem with operations going randomly dirty? I've even had where I've "x'd" out of a toolpath parameters page, and the op still goes dirty. If no one has sent something in, I'll send asap. Course maybe not everyone gets response cause we fill their inbox with so many QC emails? haha, I kid (1 too many energy drinks today)

Andrew

Yes,

when I'm 5 axis machining with multiple wcs's, the most annoying thing is I jump into my wcs manager and when I close it, multiple toolpaths go bad. banghead.gifbanghead.gif Normally I can get around it by only using the Gview button and not actually switch things in the wcs manager. But even that isn't foolproof.

I want to be able to take the most complex geometry, I don't care, Mill, Lathe, Router, Wire, anything and

easybutton_lg_top.gif

All OPS, setup sheets, processes, tooling, perfectly adjusted speeds and feeds and a cold six pack, done

anything short of that and we have a complete failure on our hands.

quote:

when I'm 5 axis machining with multiple wcs's, the most annoying thing is I jump into my wcs manager and when I close it, multiple toolpaths go bad.

It depends on how you defined the toolplanes.

If you've used geometry ( solid faces, lines etc)

to build your toolplanes, operations go dirty

all the time, for no good reason. mad.gif

If you define your toolplanes by rotating

the 6 default planes, the resulting toolpaths

stay clean as expected.

Of course, you often have no option but to use

geometric definitions, but starting from the main 6 is a much better way to go if possible.

Here is a 1st.(partial anyways) cheers.gif

I just posted a file and I did not have to search

for the file folder that I keep my .mcx file in.

(project manager actually worked)

Then I posted another file and it went to the

same directory and finally 2 in a row with out

searching for the file folder.

But then the 3rd one went back to the default

nc file folder.( i am going to delete soon if

it doesn't start remembering the one I assign them

to)

Back to normal I guess

as they say 2 out of 3 ain't bad

If possible, for us single monitor guys... It would be really nice that when the Operations manager was undocked and say floating in the middle of the graphics window, if I were to click on anything that should return me to the GUI that the operations manager would go to the background and the geometry screen would come to the foreground the way that it did in V9. That would be nice so that I could reselect geometry without having to move the operations manager.

Otherwise it is useless to have it floating in the middle of the screen, you may as well just leave it on either the left or right side.

As for the bugs, I think it is funny that everyone demands new features and better processing speeds but then doesn't realize that granting those requests are what cause more bugs! I dislike bugs as much as the next guy, but understand that sometimes they come with the territory of software enhancements and am willing to give mastercam a grace period to get them fixed in exchange. Now that we are on Maintenance it definitely seems that way more bugs are addressed on a much speedier basis. Just look at a what's new file. There are somewhere around 500 bug fixes per release.

Has anyone happened to mention the ability to project geometry to a plane along another plane? This is a basic function and you can do it projecting to a surface. So why have to create that surface to project along your active plane? Why not just be able to project along your active plane to another plane instead of only the option to project normal to the other plane?

fwiw.

Has anyone mentioned that it would also be nice to have the 2D contour multi passes have the option to climb "AND" conventional cut so your path is doing more of a zig zag instead of pulling up every pass?

I'll try to answer your question better if needed a little later but here is a brief explanation. If you are working on the top plane say, and there is an angled plane lets say 3" below @ 3 degrees. Just imagine a sign bar at 3 deg sitting below your active plane. I would like to be able to project geometry straight down my active plane to that three deg sign bar instead of just projecting normal to the three degrees. To do this, the only way that ive found is to create a surface on the face of the sign bar and project straight down to the surface. Does that explain it? This of course is just an example and the things that I am trying to do are allot more complicated but same idea.

quote:

How about a way to delete a level.

-all of the geometry and the level name.

This is not going to happen. I turned this in over a year ago. I got a follow the other day to delete level names that had 0 items on it. It is a CHook, but you still have to delete the items on the level first.

quote:

Who uses center drills anyway?

quote:

People who have "been doing it this way for years"

I still cant get some of my people broke from that. Next solution is center drills are going to be locked up and given to people who actually need them. I do use them to engrave with though.