Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x4 mu1

CHAMP

quote:

Shouldn't have to deal with it. Patches for these bugs should be released immediately! I'd rather have several small patches than wait for one large update.

I agree. There are quite a few more bugs in X4 than ive experienced in the past. I would love to see a service pack to patch some issues rather than have to wait for MU to release. I am still using X2 MR2 SP1 because of the bugs that were in the X3 releases so I am still waiting for something that I can use efficiently without "HAVING" to find work arounds. That cost time and more importantly, money. Work arounds are ok but having them be the norm is not.

Trust me, the functionality you are missing out on by not making the switch far out weighs any time spent finding work arounds. Especially seeing that you are mill level 3, multi threading would be a godsend for you. Just look at the benchmark thread.

I would like to see patches issued imediately for bugs too, but the lack of them will never stop me from installing the latst and greatest on release day, everytime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is patches even an option? I love the idea... Anyone have suggestions on how this could come to be?

I would love to have some problems resolved a.s.a.p. But to be honest, I have had no formal training on mastercam. Just got thrown into it. so I hardly even know half of the bugs that i have come across. work arounds are natural to me. I have always figured that when things don't go the way I planned, it was something that I was doing wrong. So I just keep at it till I get the proper result.

Though frustrating at times...I don't know any other way. Perhaps for me ignorance is bliss. biggrin.gif

Maybe in fact I would be lost with all the bugs fixed!! eek.gif

quote:

I am still using X2 MR2 SP1 because of the bugs that were in the X3 releases so I am still waiting for something that I can use efficiently without "HAVING" to find work arounds.

That seems kinda silly. I've never seen a bug that made such a difference that it wasn't worth upgrading to the latest version(example maybe?). I feel you or your guys will just be that much further behind when you do have to upgrade.

quote:

That seems kinda silly. I've never seen a bug that made such a difference that it wasn't worth upgrading to the latest version(example maybe?). I feel you or your guys will just be that much further behind when you do have to upgrade.

Please, will you come and explain that to the shop owner. The guy that paid for the system and continues to pay maintenance on it. The same guy that comes in and watches me have to find work arounds to these bugs and then tells me to stop using the system because he is wasting his money for me to beta test mastercam. If you can convince him, you can convince me.

biggrin.gif

quote:

why does this seem silly, if you cant get it so stay running long enough to get through a prog and the boss is on your xxxx then i guess i dont understand your position. my company droped maintence because of this.

quote:

The same guy that comes in and watches me have to find work arounds to these bugs and then tells me to stop using the system because he is wasting his money for me to beta test mastercam.

I'm definitely not trying to be sarcastic here, but I just don't remember X3 being any worse than X2. I can't even hardly name any bugs that I had to work around, except one - Surface NCI project. Had to use curve instead. Maybe the work we do just isn't as involved, basic 3 and 4 axis surfacing with a few multiaxis here and there. What are all these bugs you ran into? I would see a crash every couple of weeks, but that varied from computer to computer.

Gotta quit letting your boss watch you... you've gotta keep up the mystique! wink.gif

EDIT: I don't use lathe and very little multiaxis.