Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulatiom

JAMES GABEL

Hum, funny so many just do not see the benefit with the new tool. I am working on building machines and sharing them with those interested if you want to share machines email and I will be glad to share with those that want to benefit from this new ability and not complain about it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW I can show you all of that with Machine Sim and feel 99.95% confident with the right post what I see in the simulation will be what I see on the machine.

BTW I can show you all of that with Machine Sim and feel 99.95% confident with the right post what I see in the simulation will be what I see on the machine.

I may be wrong but from what I remember the NCI does not handle the retracts and rotary moves in great detail. It is more of a generic command and the post determines the logic/output for those functions. I remember hearing that the machine sim uses both the post and NCI for its calculations. If this is still correct I would agree with Ron that it is probably very safe and correct. Even Vericut if not set up properly can be misleading. just because the simulation is running off g-code does not mean it is automatically foolproof. How the machine control handles rotary moves, wind-ups, accelerations, etc are a huge deal. Any simulation package that wants to be accurate needs to have a virtual CNC controller that lets you define those things and more.

I was not complaining about the new simulation. I will use it and like it but the safer you feel about the code that is going to the machine the better. I use vericut right now and it not only shows crashes it shows if there is going to be a scraped part. With vericut I can make sure the cutter is not going to violate the part in any way. That has saved me plenty of times. I was very happy about Mastercam going in this direction.

I was not complaining about the new simulation. I will use it and like it but the safer you feel about the code that is going to the machine the better. I use vericut right now and it not only shows crashes it shows if there is going to be a scraped part. With vericut I can make sure the cutter is not going to violate the part in any way. That has saved me plenty of times. I was very happy about Mastercam going in this direction.

Keep using Vericut. It is the Rolls Royce of G-code verification, and if you are lucky enough to have access to it, you are indeed well prepared.

George Duke may well post eyecandy like that, but rest assured, NX's Simulation isn't all its cracked up to be. Our development department have a DMG 125P and a Zimmerman 5 Axis router, and programme both with NX. They gave up on trying to get NX techos to make the simulation work properly. Instead, they use Vericut, and get great results.

I agree though, it would be nice to see the Machine Simulation eventually read G-code, and hopefully when it does, it works way better than NX :)

Keep using Vericut. It is the Rolls Royce of G-code verification, and if you are lucky enough to have access to it, you are indeed well prepared.

+1

We also have the NX Simulation in here, but I would never trade it in for Vericut.

Another benefit is that a lot of customers require you to use different software for verification then the software that was used to make the actual program. Nice eye candy though :rolleyes:

How about this... Will Nx or machsim allow me to M0, pallet change as well as clamp change. How about a horizontal machine utilizing 4 ops, two programs, M0's clamp changes, hardware addition and removal, one in process piece of stock throughout the whole simulation, wrapped up in one nice neat and tidy part file. When completed and verified allows me to check thicknesses and feature locations in comparison to the original model? As well as if something isn't perfect electronically I can tweak the actual gcode/program in question within that same single part file? Vericut does! ;)

Hum, funny so many just do not see the benefit with the new tool. I am working on building machines and sharing them with those interested if you want to share machines email and I will be glad to share with those that want to benefit from this new ability and not complain about it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Ron,

I would like a model of our Daewoo DMV 3016L. Does anybody have one out there?

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...

Ron, i'm looking for a fadal 4020 with the A axis along X axis on the right with spindle pointing to the left. thanks

I think it's pretty cool you're willing to share the machines you build. Since you seem pretty good at this what do you recommended for some one who wants to start building their own machines. I'm a noob to this and the other day i was reading the tutorial. Seemed pretty straight forward but the result of the tutorial looked like a cnc used to build piramids. I'd like to do our Deckel Maho. Any tips and tricks?

Thanks

I'm not trying to be a smart@ss, but how do you know when a post is right? Are there certain settings that need to be checked or verified within the post? If I could get to 99.95% confidence with 5-axis parts I would use Machine sim over Predator. It would be worth while to put in the effort to get things right.