Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

merging / copy drillpoints

CEMENTHEAD

When merging or copying drill points to another tool, a dialog pops up and asks "Retain depth veaues of merged drill points?" how many of you select yes?

It does just what it says. it will keep the depth from the op

you are copying it from. I always choose NO

PEACE :D

A good scenario for retaining the depths is when spot drilling to different depths within one operation for efficient path without wasted motion. See my example below.

Yeah but if you copy them for another tool when are you ever gonna use the same depths ??

Yeah but if you copy them for another tool when are you ever gonna use the same depths ??

You probably wouldn't copy the operation that has the retained depths. I have only a few users that spot drill this way. I am not making any judgement on whether or not this is a good practice. All I know is that when CNC took the retain depths function away (for one MU1), our users that relied on it were screaming bloody murder. So although most of us don't use retain depths there are some that rely on it. I attached another file with a few more operations for better clarity. From what I can see it just changes the depths in the "change at point" window for each hole location.

RETAINDEPTHS.MCX-6

Why is it that the minority always rules the majority? :wallbash:

Give us a check box "Do not show this dialogue box again". Default to "Retain depth values of merged drill points? to "NO"

^^^ +1

Always the case

Who was whining about it. I see no use for it.

Accidently saying yes has always just been a PIA :realmad: :realmad:

• Like 2

I've said it many times before, but, since I'm a nice guy, I'll say it again. :harhar:

RtvReco, a free program, will click those annoying dialog box buttons for you in the blink of an eye. You'll barely see the window flash on the screen. There's about 8 dialog boxes in MC that I haven't seen in years, except for the few times that RtvReco acts a little flaky. It will select radio buttons, check check boxes, press buttons, etc. Get it and use it! You won't regret it!

Now, if I can only find an app that will delete all the extra space in Tardmill's posts, I'll be all set. :welcome:

Thad

Now, if I can only find an app that will delete all the extra space in Tardmill's posts, I'll be all set. :welcome:

Thad

YEAH YEAH YEAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH

hahahahahahahaha :harhar: :harhar:

No body is screwed if you accidentally choose yes, there is hope!

Just repeat the copy process and choose no,

like it Neva happened.... ;)

The very first time I choose yes the depth value greyed

Out, and I recopied them imeadiatly and it fixed it.

Tested it many times and all is good!

This from the cryer of work-arounds hahahahahahahaha

Its as useless as hen$hit on a pump handle (like u lickster)

Get rid of it. -1 RICK :whistle: :whistle:

• 1 year later...

Well it just keeps getting better, I've just rediscovered this old nemesis.

I'm gonna send CNC Software the bill for my carpal tunnel surgery.

I'm sorry but Mastercam is the... oh, nevermind, finished whining (for now).

I agree. It is a pain in the a**. That, and the " ** entities in background color" error that is always there, version after version, and the config file that seems to use my most recent color choice as the default for the next time I open MC..

Whoops, sorry, i went off on a tangent :)