Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What you expect from X7 ?

mig

In the donor session, select the geometry as you normally would.

Hit Edit/ Copy

In the recieving session , hit Edit/Paste..

a ribbon bar will pop up giving you choices regarding color, levels etc ..

You can change them or just hit accept.

ill take stock models that support undefined tool types.

also stk model calculation times to be halved (these currently take too long imo)

tool holders and tools that stay together no matter how many times i edit things (this is really my no1 gripe!!)

old style surfacing paths that support tool holders

Thank James,

I've tried it and loved it! (I used Smartcam free form machining for 5 yrs)....

but MC would not be able to incorporate it in their type of op manager as the tool path lines

have to be the same as a drawn line, or be able to be converted to a line and a line to a toolpath

line.

Back on topic.

I expect tool renumbering to work in X7 ;)

still not working in X6 MU1

Hit Edit/ Copy

G,

Thanks for this. I never knew mcam could do this. When was this added or embarrasingly has it been able to do this for a few years...

Every day's a school day.

Cheers

embarrassingly, it's been able to do this since the original X :thumbsup: .

If I ran CNC, I'd write a routine that forced the user to read the What's New file before Install would run .... :rolleyes:

also better icons in the tool list filter (milling), would like better pictures of the tool they represent (i find that the chamfer tool looks exaclty like spot drill), and also putting the names of the tool type on the icon, i find it silly to move the mouse everywhere to see what the icons name is, also make them arrangable so the user can group them how they want or delete them, some of the icons ill never use so id get rid of them so its less clutter

How about separating the trim/extend function. I have to constantly toggle between trim mode and extend mode when creating and modifying geometry. Just give me two buttons that do each function.

Ugh more icons??? No thanks we got enough separate, terrible icons with x6 and the splitting of every 3d hst toolpath. Really don't want more freaking icons :(

Guest SAIPEM

Hopefully the project management of X7 is better than X6 was.

I'd like to see an honest press release of the functionality to be included in X7.

Obviously all that will be in it has already been decided upon.

How about letting us all know what we have to look forward to?

Hit Edit/ Copy

Awesome ^^^^^ Thank you!!

I'd like to see the things in the MD &/or CD get greyed out if they don't do anything..... I know a lot of it is post specific, but when the post is loaded it seems mcam should know what stuff actually functions and what does nothing....

Ugh more icons??? No thanks we got enough separate, terrible icons with x6 and the splitting of every 3d hst toolpath. Really don't want more freaking icons :(

I can either click a new separate icon and keep moving forward or stop, find the undo icon, figure out how far back I have to go because I was extending lines instead of trimming them. Its just one more chance to make a mistake because I extended a line or arc instead of trimming it and did not catch it.