Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Who is tired of "work offset used in more than one view"

Chris Rizzo

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Darn BlackBerry small screen and small font. I need to go up one font size (on the smallest one right now). Gettin' a little old fer that one looks like. :thumbup:

In addition, when creating a new plane and assigning it a previously used work offset number, one is warned four times; twice when assigning the number and twice when saving the plane. I think in addition to having a switch to turn this off, one warning would suffice when it isn't turned off.

Check out the Verisurf WCS in Free tools we bypass all those warnings. :whistle: Yes we only work in WCS since that is all our customers need, but once you get use to the method no warnings is a nice thing. :thumbup:

Yes it should have the option to either see it or not.

I hate to be the one to ask that they do not remove this warning!

Right now the shop that I am working in they do not use multi work offsets, and along with that they request that the machinists or operators to set G54 in several locations while machining the part. I have been with this company for 9 years. In that time the senior programmers would only use cam to program one tool or just one feature on a given part. They would not program a complete job until just a few years ago. In fact the lathe programming was drafted in CAD with tool comp. and then written by hand. Now I am the senior member in this group and the longest one using Mastercam. This warning has saved my butt, I do not want to explain to the owner why a warning was removed and why we have a part with features out of place because one of us here failed to set up our WCS wrong. I had a to pull teeth out of a Lion to get a CAM package here.

While I will admit it would be nice to turn off that. I will not request it because it will bite me hard. I like what Ron said in using Verisurf. This way you can have your cake and eat it. At the same time you are not in my kitchen.

Jerry