Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 MU2 ANYONE DO THE INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY ?

CADCAM3D5AXIS

Awwww com' on guys those old versions weren't that bad. I started on 5.5 on a windows 3.11 machine. Sending/Receiving programs was done through Quicklink which you had to be in DOS to run. Kids nowadays look at me funny when I mention DOS and the things you could do. They don't realize what us old farts had to deal with so they can have their "smart phones" with more processor, memory and such than the pc's we programmed on. If I remember correctly my programming pc at the time was either a 386 or 486 with I think a 500MB (yes megabyte) harddrive with maybe 4 or 8MB of ram. :rofl:

V7 if I remember was the introduction of associating geometry with toolpaths wasn't it? Using 5.5 you could draw what you needed, create your toolpath then delete the geometry without "dirtying" operations, plus we had to draw our CDC lines (at least this was how I was instructed to do it). I remember it taking me a while to get used to that :realmad: .

I honestly can't even remember where it showed you the tool path operations. Although I do remember Mill and Lathe were separate executables. I had V9 draft on my pc at home until I went to W7 which I used on occasion to draw up some home projects.

The good ol' days.