Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Rekd™

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning

As an employee I work in the dark all the time. So I leave the email on a blank page, and minimize it. Then when I need to see a demention on the print just Max it . When it comes up , it will make enough of a glow that if you put the print close to the monitor (over the key board) it will give enough light to see the demetions.

+2 +3 +4 +4 +6 +7 +8(+2) +9(+1) lolololol sorry guys I am freaking rooling on this one tday and need it. But them there bulbs can I sell them to someone else on ebay. do you need some of the fancy 3d glasses to see the light them there bulbs put out. Can anyone give me a way to make that bulb work in the 9th dimension with a blackhole being the place of start allowing me to make a path from there to here keeping the bulb on but yet not allowing the black hole which acutally pulls the light backwards to reach me?

Crazy Millman yeah I know some nerd's idea of being funny with the balck hole.

quote:

You forgot the 50 or so "Senior Members" that will all reply with the...

+1

This was covered..

quote:

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

and

quote:

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

wink.gif

'Rekd

Absolutly Bitchen Thread !!!!1 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I havn't laughed so hard in ages.

Bernie - got that bulb changed already? That's what I have a 16 year old boy for, to change out light bulbs. Of course, when I ask, I get the "Wait for a commercial Mom!"

sigh...

Kathy

(+1)

This is the funniest thread I think I have read to date.It made me think about last week we actualy had 3 guys changing a set of florecents .One went up the ladder , one held the new bulbs and one took the old ones.Then there was the big headed moldmaker grumbling that he can't work under these conditions. These are the guys that I have to work with.What I want to know how many forum members would it take to change a shadowgraph bulb?

cheers.gif Noel

On the off chance that one of your light bulbs is having a difficult time of living a "perfect" life, I might have some information for you that could shed some "light" on the problem. Some light bulbs have their little lives shortened by being housed in a too small enclosed fixture such as a globe. The heat cannot escape, and the heat builds up, which shortens the little darling's life. For goodness sake, put a lower wattage bulb in that globe. If you have recessed lighting, you might have the attic insulation inspected above the lighting. The recessed lighting needs ventilation and if by chance the insulation is covering the area over the lighting, then you can look forward to an early demise. Friends don't let friends shorten a defenseless bulb's life.

'Rekd

[ 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Hi My Name is Scott, and I am a Bulb abuser.

When I was just a kid it was only leaving a light or two on when I went to sleep . Then as I got older I left the porch lights on all the time until they burned out. lately I have bet putting regular flood light bulbs in the Haas, I let them heat up all night and them whatch them smoke when the coolant hits'em in the morning.

Thanks Rekd, I really needed this meeting.

yea i know sunday morning, just had to say, this was the best thread yet. rekd you da man. it,s 11:30 am now and i have all my stuff done so i am going to pop a top.to day is my birthday and i know it,s early but what the hey. really though i have to go and change my back porch light bulb.

go figure. ok everyone have a nice day now.

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

If you are unable to go just 1 day without a light,

You're a light bulb-aholic. There are many

Ways you can get help with this. i myself have

been light bulb free for 2 yrs now. All you

do is take it one day at a time.

We're all here to help you with this awful

disease. Just say no to light bulbs.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Again, the forum touches upon daily controvercy, we are currently replacing the Sodium Vapour lamps in our plant with high intensity halogens, there is a noticable difference in the emission spectrum and as you can imagine, there are camps both for and against the new bulbs.

It took Three Maintenance Guys, A Subcontractor and a Displaced Machine Operator to Change 4 Bulbs. This is just how things work here.

Well my ceilings are 18' high and 3 of my 8' florecent lights just went out this weekend........someone wanna come operate the forklift so I can see rolleyes.gif

******ties a wire onto the lift lever and bulb in hand, reluctantly climbs onto the pallet on the forks******

*****Gulp*****

Murlin teh heights make me nervous!!!!