Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify interaction for X

OK, I'm back again with more questions. This time it's about Verify.

1. - When you use Verify do you find yourself going into the config options on a regular basis?

2. If so, what options are you using? (This can help us put the things you use all of the time on top of the interface rather than buried in a dialog box.)

3. Besides issues with stock files and the WCS, what other things would it help to have in Verify?

Thanks,

Ken the PMGuy

Speaking from a sales perspective, rotation of the part rather than the tool in rotary toolpaths, tombstones, (and c axis lathe) is a big benefit.

From a user perspective, having the option of displaying each coordinate (similar to verbose mode in backplot) would be a very nice tool, especially when trying to figure out pesky cutter comp errors, or trying to ensure proper tilt angles in multiax toolpaths. If I know the tool is supposed to be tilting 28 degress in A, and I see the A28 deg move in a dialog box as the verification takes place, I will be more confident that I programmed the part properly.

Another "salesy" bonus in verify would be to simulate peck drilling and thread forms in tapping. Not essential, but gimmicks do sell!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

1. - When you use Verify do you find yourself going into the config options on a regular basis?

Yes I do.

quote:

2. If so, what options are you using? (This can help us put the things you use all of the time on top of the interface rather than buried in a dialog box.)

Getting my stock file and switching quality settings.

quote:

3. Besides issues with stock files and the WCS, what other things would it help to have in Verify?

CMM like the old N-See had. Verify G-Code, Check for Tool Holder Collisions (without any work-arounds), have it work like Lathe (incremental verification - get all previous ops in group or sub-group).

1) Yes.

2) I will swtich back and forth to save times from no tool to tool. Be nice to stop midway and change back to a tool. Backstep and forward step in blocks with the NCI code. G-code verfication would be awsome but yeah I know unreal to aks that.

3) Show multi WCS parts with Multi WCS Stock defintions. Better tool support for user defined tools is that is possible. Like Thread Mills, Woodruff cutter when doing undercuts.

[ 01-27-2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

rotation of the part rather than the tool in rotary toolpaths, tombstones, (and c axis lathe) is a big benefit.

+1

quote:

...having the option of displaying each coordinate (similar to verbose mode in backplot) would be a very nice tool, especially when trying to figure out pesky cutter comp errors, or trying to ensure proper tilt angles in multiax toolpaths. If I know the tool is supposed to be tilting 28 degress in A, and I see the A28 deg move in a dialog box as the verification takes place, I will be more confident that I programmed the part properly.

+1

quote:

...simulate peck drilling and thread forms in tapping. Not essential, but ...

+1

Make it somewhat like backplot. I dont always need a full size solid to check say my 15th opp. dont like to have to run all previous tools to see whats going on. maybe drive verify right to the model like backplot but with colored gouge check. or somehow remember the last view when verify ran to keep what you had.

maybe a N.O.S. tank to add to the Turbo. wink.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rotation of the part rather than the tool in rotary toolpaths, tombstones, (and c axis lathe) is a big benefit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1+1

I have trouble tranforming stl files to other places say on a fixture without them becoming not watertight.

toggle on the fly for translucent stock

quality settings

step per refresh/step

toggle true solid to turbo

The ability to display the toolpath during verify would be nice.

How about pick a solid body or group of surfaces as stock instead of saving it as an stl?

HTH

[ 01-27-2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Roger Peterson ]

Ability to save stl file at ANY point in the verify not just at the end.

Ability to set a break point. For example, 10 operations to verify. Set a break point at start of op 4. Fast-forward to the the break point, which then would stop. Then you can verify the rest of the ops as normal.

Bryan smile.gif

[ 01-27-2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: bryan314 ]