Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ed.G

Nezperce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!

Big brother doesn't want Post Questions!

( Rules for new users )

Ed.G Asked for a post. Even if it was a Mastercam post that wasn't working for him.

Ed: Make sure the baud rate in mastercam matches the baud rate of the mill, you may want to try a slower baud rate. Go to Screen, configure, communications: set them to what you want and (Uncheck the Read PST parameters ) save config file.

It was fun while it lasted. biggrin.gif

Ed.G asked that the thread be deleted. He'd found a post or information somewhere else.

I argued that we don't delete threads once the issue has been resolved (e.g. knowledge base) and that I didn't see anything wrong with the thread. He insisted. I was working on minimal sleep yesterday and I lacked the strength to argue.

Man, I miss all the cool threads. frown.gif

Post questions are fine. asking for post will get you flame.gif .

I've noticed alot of the guys that have asked forr post help in past are now taking the time to help others.

Check out my lame response in the following thread, and mayday's totally explicit "this is how to do it" explanation. That is good stuff.

You th'man Mayday.

user helping user

Nezperce,

I'm glad to see you came to your senses. From this point on it's water under the bridge. Were both new members so let's stick to the subject and not make it personal. The point I was making was that old machines still serve a purpose and yes new is nice, but not everyone can afford them. "Peace"

quote:

One mans trash is another mans treasure!

Trash Statement...

quote:

I just gave you some things you can try to make your post work for that piece of crap machine of yours.

Treasure statment...

quote:

The point I was making was that old machines still serve a purpose and yes new is nice, but not everyone can afford them.

Just an observation. biggrin.gif

Nezperce you need to watch yourself sir. I am one to jump feet first if you would like. I 100% supprt Ed here and if you want to xxxx some people off you are doing a good job at it. His unhealthly attatchment is called welcome to our school systems. I am a vocational taught person and damn proud of it. I was only taught with books and think it is cool he is making an atempt with what ever he has got to teach others. Which in all honesty is the reason for this place.

Cool your jets and realize we do not put up with that very long around here. He responded and was gracouis so you please do the same sir. Everyone have a nice day and like he said it all water under the bridge leave it there.

im sure this'll start another flame war, but whatever...

lighten up all you guys, all i see is nezperce taking a few friendly jabs at another forum member and his equipment....big friggin deal. hes started another thread about the subject and is obviously interested in helping the guy out if he can...

sorry i might be wrong here...but someone please show me the part of the faq that states the ammount of posts required before you can make a friendly wise crack or 2 at another forum member...cuz the rest of you "old timers" and "big posters" do the same thing...

oh jeez, just when i stuck up for youd dude hahaha bonk.gif I'm pretty sure he stated he was a teacher at a vocational school in the deleted thread...

anyway lets get back on topic here...

Ed.G have you got your post problem sorted out yet or do you still need some help?

Zero I read his thread posting that alot of you have not seen and believe me he was ripping him for being a teacher. He went on to say how it was a waste of time for him to be teaching people nowdays and this is a lost profession that is all going overseas. Dont remember those commnets do you Nezperce. I dont care if he rips a person I care that he is ripping someone for trying to help others a big difference in my book.