Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam users

Badmofo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offtopic.gif

You've probably lost interest in your own O/T here, badmofo....but I think we all get a hell of alot out of the forum in ADDITION to the absolute best Mastercam and machining advice out there. Choose what you want, just don't click on the O/T's. If you find a better Mcam forum AND community out there, let us know....because I'm sure few of us will have been there. offtopic.gif

Here is what I could put up from my email to bad A$$ of the world.

quote:

Grow up baby and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

And here I say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[ 03-24-2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

badmofo:

while you are reading this your big expensive insert mill just got it's xxxx kicked by the stupid clamp that you forgot to move. er i mean ah wait a minute.

Most of us WANT TO HELP. Some of us are a little more loquacious than others, some are a little adult ADHD, some like the lime light. Me, personally, I would like to have an apprentice. I would like to teach the Lad (or Lassie) what MACHINING is all about. DAmmit, I want to SHARE. I avoid the posts the start with: "Well, I don't really know but......." I try to tell it like it is. things like:

[*]I think Fadal Controllers SUCK

[*]I'm better on a lathe than a mill

[*]I like about .020 backlash in "X" and about .010 in "Y" in a Bridgeport

[*]I never met a machine I couln't stall. well.... there was that BIG bitch in Sweden.. rolleyes.gif

[*]Machines never intimidate me

[*]neither do women

[*]nobody likes a whiner

No offense

-Keith (The Iron Chef) Graydon

quote:

Never helped a soul here, never will, but soon very soon the post post endorphins will kick in...

HAHAH! wtg Harry! a classic post. (note to Jack to file taht one in "the List"

quote:

Whered all your posts go keith,

Oh, Corey, its OK. I posted that from home in a fit of boredom biggrin.gif I made a new member called The Iron Chef©. I dont make a big deal about post counts.

-Keith The Iron Chef©

I feel that the O/T is good for this place. It is a community of people with a common bond. Not Scott Bond. J/K Scott. Mastercam is that bond. We come here to vent frustration, poke fun at each other, argue about polititcs or who is the Nascar points leader. Why? Because we have all developed a freindship here. And friends like to talk to each other. If not on the phone then here or thru email. I consider these guys and gals my friends and I like to talk to them. So, don't trash them please. They just like to talk.

Oh yeah. Webbie add to my count, plz.

JM2C

Shane

Keith

What does "loquacious" mean? headscratch.gif

Also you have confused bad's theory on post count

by not caring bout your own post count.

Bad

1 more post and you'll be a member of this elite

group of ego maniac machininsts. But these guys did not get

where they are at by being content.

And dang they're good. Some do have a dark side

though...

James M teh "I tell you what friend, I'll let you

use this endmill that I have wore the ticn shipping

coating off of and take that new one you have and

break it in for you." smile.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 03-24-2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Jimmy Wakeford, from Barefoot CNC ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I never met a machine I couln't stall. well.... there was that BIG bitch in Sweden...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I need stitches on the back of my head now. LOL!!!!!!

Now THAT was hilarious. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Now to the topic at hand. BMF, OK, you've come in, made your presence known. Don't you feel special now? tongue.gif Webby voted on the seperate O/T area and it was voted down. Probably by about a 6:4 margin give or take a few. If you don't care for the O/T stuff that's your choice, but there is quality conversation happening in thoase O/T's. You find out some interesting things about people in there and you find out about people's expertise in them as well. So, participate in them or not it's up to you. But until X comes out, the natives will continue to be restless.

JM2C and oh yeah

+1 to Jimmy, Rekd, George, Shane, Kieth, Cory, Rex, Ron, gcode, CMR, Stephen, Hardmill, Mark, Tim, Katie, Chris, Harry, and Gary

James teh boosting my post count to astonomical heights, yeah, that's why I'm here, yeah, that's it, that's it...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...+1 post count xxxxing my way to 1000.

Laughter!!!!!!! Keep this up and the guys in the office will be calling the people inthe white Jackets any minute. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

count me in +1 to my count

quote:

Is anyone else waitint to see Bullines tag this with Kramer "lame thread"

i personally think he'll chime in to add to his post count also. biggrin.gif

trevor

Hay Badmofo you are here for more than 1 year, that's strange I joined the forum just 50 days ago and in the begining even I got irritated that o/t exist in such a forum and I did oppose it.

And I got straight explaination from some of the oldest member of this forum. And now even I think that apart from technical support this forum serves another purpose.

It brings all the users of mastercam around the world together. The people like Iskander, chris and rekd and other senior members are not paid any consultancy charges, they are helping you because they just feel like they don't even know who you are and where you are going to help them if required. So don't they deserve a little open environment which can make every one frank and comfortable.

Think about it

BMF: Participate or not in any O/T you like. I post when I thnk I can help. I have been known to get into a little off topic banter. I agree with Jimmy, It does help to get to know the characters (and I do mean characters) on the forum. As long as the threads dont het too political or religious, I dont mind at all. Yea, maybe there is a little more O/T than I would like to see here, But I focus on what's important to me. You dont have to get involved with every thread.

Welcome to the forum,

Mike Mattera