Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New Verify

Müřlıń®

Hey guys I am having a slight issue with the new verify.

I have a Quadro fx 4600 with 2.5 gigs of ram.

The problem I am having is that I have a very simple panel that is 38" x 20" that has some engraving with a 60 degree tool.

With the precision slider all the way up, shading @.0005...the toolpath cannot be inspected without using accurate zoom all over the piece.

Am I doing something wrong?

At first I thought it lost detail when I rotated the part, but this wasn't the case.

This is unacceptable to me.

How can I fix this?

I have tried solid stock, simple stock setup and both are the same.

Yeah.. we're really increased out ability to run large STL models and big toolpaths quickly

The tradeoff is a loss of resolution. I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

For some parts the speed is great, for others, the grainy texture sucks.

I think if I just added just a little bit more precisionthen set the default position on the slider to like one or two clicks before the low endsmall parts like I'm doing with might come in just fine

I can deal with a little grainy.

but I can't deal with part of the to pass be missing on a simple on contour

Are there any videos of anyone running the new verify? We do a lot of jobs exactly as you've stated here and haven't installed X7 yet, so it would be good to see before I install.

Well one could juse backplot with verify turned on to check the engraving.

I wonder if there might be a way to put accurate zoom on a mouse button?

I am doing a 280 inch long part right now. I changed my Prescision Factor from 4 to 2 and set the Precision Slider at 6. After running the toolpath the part looks like mud but the accurate zoom works much faster at these settings. Also I turned on Windows Aero and it seems that the accurate zoom is much faster. Maybe it is just me. Anyhow it is definitely a change to workflow habits. We will just have to adapt.

A couple of things. We are always working on speed increases, we are also working on an automated accurate zoom so that as you zoom in, the accurate zoom happens transparently to the user. Third if you have engraving files that are problematic in X7MU1 I would like to see them. Please send them to [email protected]. If you have a decent graphics card and plenty of memory you can try editing you MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml located in your MyMcamX7 directory and change the <PrecisionFactor>1</PrecisionFactor> to a higher value. The change is exponential so don't go above 4 or so. See if that helps.

• Like 1

A couple of things. We are always working on speed increases, we are also working on an automated accurate zoom so that as you zoom in, the accurate zoom happens transparently to the user. Third if you have engraving files that are problematic in X7MU1 I would like to see them. Please send them to [email protected]. If you have a decent graphics card and plenty of memory you can try editing you MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml located in your MyMcamX7 directory and change the <PrecisionFactor>1</PrecisionFactor> to a higher value. The change is exponential so don't go above 4 or so. See if that helps.

What is the default value for the <PrecisionFactor>? Mine is set at 2.5

For X7MU1 the Precision Factor was raised to 4 from 1 (initial release) because they tweaked out a little more power. Like Kenneth said the precision Factor is exponential so it's like doubling the power for every point. I use 2 for the larger parts I do and 4 for the smaller parts. I now have 6 different defaults set up for different types of work I do. Automated Zoom would be very cool as long as we can get back a little more speed in the Compare function.

I will sent them to you when I get a chance.

I have a med end Quadro and 32 GIG of Ram.

The new verify is not too bad on the Mold stuff now. Machining 3d surfs and compare works pretty good. MU1 verify has pretty good resolution with the slider turned up all the way.

It is way better than the old verify. But I do a lot of engraving so I need a little more precision.

Seamless accurate zoom is definitely the way to go...

Thank you for the precision config tip....greatly appreciated.

The default precision factor is 1 for 32 bit machines and 1.5 for 64 bit. The precision factor changes the entire range of settings for the slider bar, so it does have a large effect.

I did as you suggested and set the precision to 2.5 as someone suggested and my MU1 Verify engraving is great now.

I am back to loving the new Verify now thanks....

N0 need to sent QC any files its all good now.....

I must of missed the discussion on changing that setting.

• Like 1

We haven't exposed any simulator specific functions to hot keys yet, however, we support many of the mastercam view manipulation hot keys. We could easily expose specific features inside of simulator to configurable keys or sets of keys if that's helpful. Things like "compare", "Quick verify" and "Restrict Drawing" in backplot, and others would be easy to tie to keys and usable on the SpaceMouse or similar.

i have to say the saved STL look worse than before MU1, any reason for this?

I think there are a couple of extra settings on the options page.

We haven't exposed any simulator specific functions to hot keys yet, however, we support many of the mastercam view manipulation hot keys. We could easily expose specific features inside of simulator to configurable keys or sets of keys if that's helpful. Things like "compare", "Quick verify" and "Restrict Drawing" in backplot, and others would be easy to tie to keys and usable on the SpaceMouse or similar.

Ken:

Is there going to be another fix for the speed of the verify in ver 7 or do we have to wait for 8?