Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello from Iraq

JohnA

Hello all,

Some of you may remember me. I used this forum briefly until my reserve unit got activated last November and had to leave my job. Well, I've been in Iraq for 3 months now and came to see what all was going on in the MasterCAM world. I guess there's no 10 yet, as I thought there might be, so I'm still not too far behind the curve. I hope to get a laptop soon and put the demo on it so I can keep brushed up and not be too rusty when I get home next year. I can already tell by reading some of the posts that I have forgotten some stuff.

The heat here is incredible already and it's just June. They say August is the worst month so I'm not looking forward to it. So far no casualties in my unit so I'm thankful for that, considering what all has happened since we've been here in Taji.

Everyone take care and I'll be back in business as soon as I get home from this blast furnace.

Sincerely,

JohnA

JohnA

Thank You Very Much for what you and all of your fellow soldiers do.

Keep your head down, stay safe.

And god willing you'll all be home safe and soon.

I look forward to seeing you posting again from stateside.

Thanks for thinking of us here cause "we" are always thinking of you guys over there.

I'm hoping that all you brave men make it back and soon.

Thank you so doing such a great service for this country.

It is real men like you who have made the USA what it is,even know there are still some things that suck!

Take care,and if we don't hear from you again from Iraq,please make sure you post when you get back so we know you made it back alive. cheers.gif

Tell all your company that we think about them all the time and love you guys.

Here is a cold beer on me. cheers.gif

(fighting back the tears)

Awsome to hear from you John! Thanks for thinking about us. We're constantly thinking (and often talking about) you guys/girls over there and we greatly appreciate what you're doing.

Is there anything you need over there that we can help with? We sent some mags, alcohol, spam and other stuff to a friend that was there, but he never got it as he was shot and returned to the US before it arived.

Take care, God Bless and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Rekd and Family

John,

Thanks for checkin' back in with us. I'm glad to hear that you're getting by out there. I want to extend to you a personal and heartfelt Thank You for your service to our country! As a Desert Storm vet, I know some of what you're going through. You guys/girls are over there for a good cause and you're making a lot of Americans proud. Keep up the great work!

Check back in when you can and if you feel the need, share some of your experiences with us.

Take care and stay safe! cheers.gif

Thad

Hello from "HOME" John and your unit.

Just a BIG THANK YOU for all the sacrifices you and everybody else in the Armed Forces are making for the rest of us. It isn't easy seeing all the negative media, but we all know that you guys/gals are doing the best you can in a very difficult situation. Hope this finds all your unit healthy and safe. Take care and write back.

For all the men in your unit "HAPPY FATHERS DAY". I hope you all can come "Home" soon.

God Bless You All and Thank You cheers.gif

John,

THANK YOU

My prayer are for your saftey. I, too, know what is like to serve your country in tough times. I was in the service right after high school in 1965. Nothing prepares a person for war.

Tell your unit, that the guys/gals of the forum stand behind them with prayers and hopes for their survival and success.

May God bless everyone.

Hey, when you get back to the USA and your job, we will be here to help bring you up-to-speed with MasterCAM.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif