Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T smoker or Non smoker and view

mold100

I absolutly can not stand smoking, and do not paticularly like it around me, however I am not on the Ban it wagon:

1-I like to drink now and then, and now and then and now.So if they ban smoking that would be next and if someone tried to destroy my weekend hobby I would smoke while spraying every aerosol can I could get, dump my coolant in my yard while wearing an animal skin of some sort.

2-Think gas prices and taxes are high now, you take smoking away and boom thats a sin tax, and keeps the other taxes moderate.

Just wondering whos ashy and whos not.

Corey,

First of all I smoked for about 5 years and have been smoke free for 20 years (except the cuban cigars I take into moose hunting camp).

I live in a place that banned smoking in ALL indoor public places including the work place. All our bars, restaurants, malls, hospitals, bus depots etc. are smoke free. All the complaints that to ban smoking would hurt businesses, like bars and restaurants, has proven unfounded. When we go on vacation to a place that allows smoking, we realize how lucky we were that our lawmakers had the b@!!s to do this.

This is my opinion based in personal experience living with anti-smoking bylaws.

Phil

Did I mention I appreciate breathing clean air?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't really mind smoking so long as I can't smell it or breathe it. What somebody does in their own property so long as it does not adversely affect others is fine by me. But the second I can hear it or smell it..... curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

I too am glad that California is cracking down on smoking in public places. It sucks when I take my kids somewhere and their asthma starts kicking in because of some inconsiderate person...

JM2C

I smoke.

I drink.

It is my right to do them both.

It is also your right not to. Goverment mandates on how to live xxxx me off no matter what they are about. Bars should be left to there own devices to either ban or not to ban smoking. It should not be forced upon them.

You know why bars don't ban smoking on there own,

because nobody would go.

In California, there is a move to ban smoking in car containing children. Too many children are getting lung cancer before they are 5 years old. Their lungs are not strong enough to fight off second-hand smoke (they say).

I wonder where this will go???????????

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Once smoking will be outlawed, alcohol will be next on the hit list. What's next? Well we already had a preview... How about hefty taxes on fatty foods and sugar goods... Can't wait to be paying luxury tax on my Lindt chocolate. confused.gif

As long as you don't smoke in my house or my car you can do what you like. I would however prefer not to smell it anywhere, but I can not control everyone and everything they do.

We also have non smoking bylaws in most bars, restaurants, etc, including the workplace.

I smoke .

I smoke a lot .

I smoke on my work place ,i SMOKE IN MY LITTLE OFFICE ,i SMOTE OUTDOORS .

i NEVER SMokED OR SMOKE AT HOME OR INSIDE A CAR .

And I drink ,from time to time ,it depends .

But never alone ,always in good company .

It varies from a glass of vine to the bottle of vodka ,but mostly moderate .

I am a normal ,working guy ,returning tired and nerved ,going sleep late at night and getting up at 5,30 ,what do you expect .

Toolfab , smoking brother ,mind to smoke my cigarettes (MM with a charcoal filter)!

With a half-glass of vodka

Come to the wood ,we have them plenty .

I smoked from 1975 to 1988. A few yeaer After quitting (without any problem I might add) I couldn't stand the smell of cigerettes or even worse the the smell of stale cigerette smoke in clothes. As the years go by my tolerance for the smell lessens but there is NO smoking in my cars or house. With that being said I fully support anyone's right to smoke, drink, or for that matter anything they want as long as it doesn't effect other people's (read: my) life. I also think raising sin taxes so we can balance the state budget as is being done here in Michigan is COMPLETELY WRONG. curse.gif

If they are banning smoking because of the "danger" rolleyes.gif , they might as well ban cars, trucks, buses, powerplants, aerosol cans, synthetic carpet, plastic bags, etc. etc. etc. and anything else that has "dangerous emmissions". Walk down the kid's snack isle at your local mega-supermarket, and there are more chemials and synthetic crap in fruit-rollups than in a pack of cigarettes.

People suing McDonalds for "making them overweight" is on par. Take some resoponsibilty and make the choice. Last I checked smoking was a "lifesytle choice"....granted second-hand smoke is one thing, but smoking/ non-smoking sections of restraunts and bars work just fine.

NO MORE ****ING REGULATIONS!

M2C biggrin.gif

I'm not addicted to smoking, I'm addicted to internal combustion engines instead!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I would personally like to thank all the smokers and drinkers who while enjoying themselves help to keep my taxes lower. However when the come after my twinkies I'm going to be pissed. Any tax that you can choose to pay is a fair tax in my book. Unless it is something I want to buy, use or own. headscratch.gif Ahhh on second thought.

Screw the 401K maybe I should invest in some .223

John

I smoked for many many years.

Everytime I quit and then picked up again,I smoked even more. eek.gif

I was Marlboro Mann wink.gif

I finially quit about 6 years ago and I feel a lot better.

Even now when I smell a "fresh lit" cig. I want one,but know that it is now not for me.

I think that bar-rooms should allow cigarette smoking.

There are many 'o other things that I don't like but people can still do it.

Not sure why they always pick on the smokers. rolleyes.gif

It is funny cause my shop professes to be "smoke free",but everyone still smokes in the shop!! bonk.gif

BTW,the smokers could have fought back to be able to smoke in clubs,but you guys didn't put up a fight!!

IMO, the majority of people in bars do smoke.

All you had to do is not go to the bars,they make no money,shut down,state makes no taxes,smokers are back in business.

I laugh when I see people sitting outside a bar smoking.

This just is not right!!

Smokers don't realize how bad they smell. It's not just the smell of smoke either. It's a funky stench. Sorry guys, but you stink! It makes your hair stink, your fingers/hands stink, your clothes stink, it will discolor and wrinkle your skin, discolor your hair, you ALWAYS have bad breath, it's expensive and most importantly, it's extremely bad for your health. As a matter of fact, there's NOTHING good about it. The whole idea of smoking is comical when you really think about it.

Thad teh used to stink...11 years ago

P.S. Did I mention that ex-smokers are the worst? biggrin.gif

For myself, I can't abide smoking - it is literally a killer for me due to asthma that is really touchy with respect to smoke (even campfires). A forest fire in the local area sent me to the hospital last year. With regard to smoking in bars - it is fine by me - I don't frequent bars. Pisses me off to have smokers in a restaurant though.....

The taxes in Michigan are up to $2.00 a pack. imho this is ridiculous. I know of a guy who even got caught buying smokes over the Internet now the state is charging him taxes on the cartons they can prove he bought. His first bill was for almost $200.00 and he said that was for tax year 2000/2001. He claims that’s when he first started buying them this way and he is going to owe in the thousands when all is said and done. Like others have said what are they going to tax after people can't afford to smoke anymore.

it never fails to amuse me that most people that won't go near a cigarette will sit in traffic for hours on end huffing exhaust fumes and not think twice about it. i quit smoking five years ago and feel that i am healthier for it, but i think that it's the pollution that going to get us in the end. i can't remember the guy who said this but it makes sense.

" the world won't end in a bang but rather with a cough."

I smoke and I drink and am still searching for the eternal buzz. I have been close before but just can't manage to hang on to it.

On drinking... I just drink beer, nothing else, last shot I had was 10 years ago when I got married. I do NOT drink and drive. If I want a few beers I stay at home and do it or go out with my wife and she drives. If she doesn't want to go out, she drops me off and comes back and gets me (she is THE greatest).

On smoking... Yes, I do that to. What is the difference between secondhand smoke and all the pollution we have in the air? There are like 3 counties in this state that have to be emission tested. Is all of that from the vehicles we drive? Doubtful, how about all the steel mills, generating stations and the refinery around here. Stop and go traffic makes more pollution, how about figuring out ways to make the roads less congested so whatever vehicles are on it are always moving. If you don't want to smell my smoke don't go to a bar and sit next to me. If someone wants to open a bar that is non-smoking that is there choice, but it should not be mandated by the government. curse.gif

Isn't it all about respect for the people around you? My in laws bought a new house just under a year ago, everytime we go over there, my mother in law gets out an ashtray, everytime I want a cigarette, I go outside. If I am in my car with someone who smokes I will have a cigarette, if they don't smoke or I am in there car, I won't have one. It's really easy and simple to be considerate of others. I could just go off on how I feel about this subject, but I will shut my mouth and get back to work.

Greg

Thad,

Not the way it sounded. My point is, if I am at a bar and I am smoking, don't come in and sit next to me and tell me how I am offending you by doing so. If I walk and and sit next to you and you don't smoke, you have every right to ask me not to smoke. I feel that a bar and cigarettes just go hand in hand, so if I was to move to the other end of the bar, I don't feel that there would be a problem at that point. I feel people are under the assumption that bars are usually a smokey place. And if you were at a non smoking bar (that the owner decided to do, not mandated by the government) I obviously wouldn't be coming into that establishment if I wanted a cigarette with my beer.

Greg

I am surprised about this. You should know better!!! curse.gif

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves! Ban smoking???? James? Your conservative, yes? confused.gif

A bar has every right to ban smoking. A business can snuff out. Restraurants can and should ban or strictly limit smoking. It is their right and ours. But the point I'm making and what infuriates me is government mandating it [and taking more of our freedom away].

We should decide ourselves. If I'm a business owner and I want smoking permitted - like a tavern owner - the government has no right to tell me otherwise.

Ban smoking? Not on my life! That is, our bill of rights outweighs our personal preferences. We must take the initiative and not be enforced to do it like the communists wield their will by curtailing people's rights.