Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where is X ??

RandleXX

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my theory, X is finished and has been for some time. It is locked safely away under lock and key at CNC headquarters. CNC figures that they have such a large market share that they wanted to level the playing field with the other CAM guys. Additionally they want to test the loyalty of the user in order to see who is worthy of using the new interface and enhancements. For the users that are worthy they may expect extreme productivity and profitability.

quote:

Here is my theory, X is finished and has been for some time. It is locked safely away under lock and key at CNC headquarters. CNC figures that they have such a large market share that they wanted to level the playing field with the other CAM guys. Additionally they want to test the loyalty of the user in order to see who is worthy of using the new interface and enhancements. For the users that are worthy they may expect extreme productivity and profitability

I doubt it I don't think that they are that smart. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I wasn't that impressed with the demo as Austech either.

Many of accept that software design is not our game, but it is CNC's. So it beggars belief that they would announce the release of something before they KNEW it would be close. On that basis alone I can't accept the argument that it is better to wait for a bug free release. I don't want a buggy programme, but it seems to me that the release was announced before they were even in the de-bugging stage.

Did they need the maintenance dollars for the actual development???? If so that is professional and comercial suicide.

Bruce

We do op1, op2, op3... on one tombstone. Then run the opposite hand op1, op2 op3... on the other tombstone. I have 40 tools and do tool touch probing on important $1200.00 reamers. So staging the tools so the first tool runs op1, op2 op3... then next tool op1 op2 op3. I use the mpsubrep post and modify from there I wish I knew a better way. We have solidworks, would it be any better to draw the tombstone then place the parts on it and then apply my toolpath to the converted sw file. Any help would be great thanks for the reply.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I have to contantly hand modify my programs because we do multiple ops on one tombstone...

I do this daily with V9 AND X! I'd suggest getting hold of your reseller to hook you up with a good post.

BTW, just ran parts today with X code from my HEAVILY modified V5ish post. Only 1 issue so far which I can remedy in the post.

I just recieved a cd of the production candidate yesterday. The setup for X is a bit cumbersome due to the machine and control definitions required for my 5 axis fixture so it'll take a week or two for me to get the time to get it up and running. Beta 9 put out very clean 5 axis code for me. Oh yea, it's worth the wait.

I was told that roll out will begin very soon for maintenance customers first.

Richard smile.gif

Its software... Software releases are customarily always delayed.... from the big M(icrosoft) company right down the little guys.

Richard just said it. The production candidate has been released. So it is really (really) close.

Most of our customers down here know its coming, but aren't hanging out for it. They'll use it when its here.

Patientence brothers, patientence smile.gif

Looks like the oldest *.MC9 file I have is from 8-6-04. That would have been the day my company bought the second seat and upgraded from V8 to V9. When we upgraded, we were told we would have MCX soon. There have been a few things we have come across over the last ELEVEN MONTHS that we might have taken the time to properly learn how to do had we known we would be using V9 as long as we have. On the advice of our MC sales guys (really great guys by the way, I'm not knocking them) we've waited for a few things because X was "right around the corner". I don't blame them, that's what they were led to believe.

I've been ready to learn more and improve my MasterCam skills, I just don't see gaining deeper understanding of an obsolete system as a good investment. Now, does it make sense that my patience would be wearing thin by this point? Of course I don't want a release full of bugs and am glad to wait a reasonable amount of time for the program to be well tested, but you've got to admit a year is not a reasonable amount of time.