Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What is the DIS_ADVANTAGES of MR2 ?

Jimic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your boss is an idiot.

If you are already using X, previous releases, then MR2 address many issues in previous releases.

It has been tough not being able to do anything since I installed MR2.

I'm thinking about going back to V8

LOL John,

I think I have V5.5 in a box somewhere, maybe I will go back to that.

Also I don't see the need to pay the high prices of gas, so maybe I will have to go back to the horse and buggy.

Seriously,

MR2 has solved a lot of issues that were in the previous releases of X.

Wait a minute guys, you giving him all the ADVANTAGES of using MR2. He asked for the disadvantages of using it.

Disadvantage #1 - If you're not reasonably intelligent you might not find any advantages to using it.

Disadvantage #2 - If you listen to everyone else's hype, you might not be reasonably intelligent enough to use it.

Those are the 2 biggest disadvantages I see.

wink.gif

You guys think maybe you're being a little hard on Jimic (and his boss ?)

Jimic,

There are various annoyances to deal with. While these do eat up some of your time, the advantages are too great to ignore. Get teh MR2.

You can do a "side by side" install as well which gives you the opportunity to study any disadvantages without being totally committed.

I got tired of using this computer and letting it do all the work and MR2 was just so horrible I have given up my seta and gone back to hand writing all my code!! curse.gif

Seriously though, does your boss ever use MCX MR1?? If so then I would think he would be a little frustrated and want the fixes that are offered in MR2 plus, with this forum-there aren't to many issues guys are able to fix. If it can't be fixed then just wait for MR3!!!!!!!!!

Talking out the ol behind now...I have no knowledge of an MR3 coming out so don't ask if I know something you don't biggrin.gif

THANKS GUYS. I just show my boss yours messages. He said nothing just gone to the toilet smile.gif . He is a old A**hole afraid of technology. He heard others told him some negative remarks after installing about MR2. He think we going to spend two days to paly around before get it going.

Again, he is the boss I got to get his promission first whenever I upgrade or make any chnages with Mcax.