Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wish List

CEMENTHEAD

view manager to work like level manger i.e. stay open all the time

x10

+1. So I can leave view manager open on my second screen

^For this reason!

I'd love to see MC get more friendly for multiple parts, multiple workoffsets, and general tombstone setup and management.

+1000

Also, how about the ability to change the text color in the operations manager using individual colors. Some of my files have 300 operations and sometimes it would be nice to designate what operations are roughing vs finishing, and so on using different colors.

• Like 1

+1000

Also, how about the ability to change the text color in the operations manager using individual colors. Some of my files have 300 operations and sometimes it would be nice to designate what operations are roughing vs finishing, and so on using different colors.

+ another 10,000 :D

I have the "Named Views" button hot keyed to #3 on my Space Pilot. Won't work if you're changing WCS all the time, but if you're changing TPlanes all the time (99.9% of what I do), it works wayyyyyy better than opening the view manager. Push #3 with your left hand - double click your view with the right hand - and it's done.

• Like 1
I have the "Named Views" button hot keyed to #3 on my Space Pilot. Won't work if you're changing WCS all the time, but if you're changing TPlanes all the time (99.9% of what I do), it works wayyyyyy better than opening the view manager. Push #3 with your left hand - double click your view with the right hand - and it's done.

Pretty much what I have set up. Everything we do here is HMC or mill turn so we never deviate from TOP WCS anyway.

Mike

+1000

now this interests me

I would love it if the level manager could be organized like the operation manager is where one could create a group like fixtures, then have levels within that group that could be expanded or contracted. It would work just like the operation groups are under the machine group, and the toolpaths are under the operation group and with two clicks they can all be contracted under the machine group. That would be really clean if the level manager operated the same way.

• Like 2

I would love it if the level manager could be organized like the operation manager is where one could create a group like fixtures, then have levels within that group that could be expanded or contracted. It would work just like the operation groups are under the machine group, and the toolpaths are under the operation group and with two clicks they can all be contracted under the machine group. That would be really clean if the level manager operated the same way.

that would be nice. Right now I number my levels like this: All my levels associated with op 1 number 100-199. All op 2. Numbered 200-299. And so on. I know I'm not guna use a 100 levels per op but it makes it nice and clear to me. But groups like you say would be awesome
  • Like 1

ok, I have one more.

How about be able to customize this menu. I hate going to hit backplot and I hit verify on accident.

I've been fighting that for EVER!

What I learned recently is to just left click the geo branch of the toolpath in the ops manager. Left click for backplot, right for verify.... IIRC