Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dear CNC, Horizontal (remachining)

Since your asking for something, I will too.

Can we get an update that stops the daily crashes that causes so much lost time?

It used to be funny, but now it just p!sses me off.

Hmmmm, I haven't had a crash in months. You might want to look at your video card drivers or other computer related items.

Carmen

Amen to horizontal rest milling. I often have to use a much smaller tool than I would prefer in this toolpath because of the lack of rest milling. It is a great toolpath but no rest milling leaves a big hole in functionality. It is such a simple toolpath that it seems this would be pretty easy to add. It wouldn't even need to be stock driven.

I was assuming he meant feet up on the desk with a cold beer in his hand laying back all relaxed like, and then one click mastecam to do the work?

:D

I work all day like a SCHMUCK, like everyone else.

But I'll also get the pleasure to work at home for a few hours a night

(on salary).....but in the exact state as you explained.... :cheers:

Say What?!?! Time to get with tha program man!! Seriously though, look into the dynamic stuff

How would dynamic paths help me on something like this?

I've googled dynamic 3-d toolpaths, they look surfcam truemill 2-d paths

I have no used for them as far as I can tell, since I only cut 3-D molds

Can you point to me dynamic mill tool paths, example videos for cutting complex 3-d graphite molds?

bfe70c2b-8daa-46c4-bd29-5bce5ce67ef8_zpsa45a5927.png

Rick it would eat that for lunch. Get a hold of In-House and let them help you here. I think you would be surprised what options and things are there to machine something like this. You got Jeremy listed in your sig get a hold of him. A week of his time would be penny's on the dollar to the amount of time he could help you guys save making your parts if not using HST toolpath in today's Manufacturing.

• Like 1