Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Most popular Toolpath

keeper

As said above, it all depends on the situation. All shops are different in the type of work they do.

For me personally, in a job shop, my most used toolpath has to be 2D contour followed by drill.

To answer the question the way it was asked, ditto.

Worked for a company that the previous programmer cut every thing except holes with surface contour. I kid you not.

not very pretty but working with his programs taught me many creative options of the tool path. most got reprogrammed with more efficient paths cause it was like trying to drive a square peg in a round hole.

Complex part:  Optirest and stock model

Simple part:  2D HST, dynamic facing, and contour

Mold finishing:  HST hybrid, surface finish parallel, hammer and chisel

Ohhh, the hammer and chisel then. I wondered how you mold guys get the mirror finishes...

Depends on the application, as stated here by many.

Most programmers have their 'go-to' toolpaths that they use most often.

I always try to keep it as simple as possible.

For example, I would not use a Multiaxis > Multisurf toolpath when a Surface Finish > Parallel would work just as well.  

Mastercam offers multiple ways to do things, so it often comes down to personal preference and experience.  :cheers:

• Like 1

It is a great toolpath, but you have to have a 5 Axis seat so I was not thinking it would be good to say. Thanks for bringing it up. :laughing::scooter::turned:

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Ron loves him some morph between two curves. Wish I had multi axis license so I could see for myself.