Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many time have you crashed today?

BenK

I was playing around with an old part file, just watching some paths simulate etc. Been a while since ive run this particular part.

I noticed that when I opened the part file Mastercam was taking 102,584k of memory. After goofing with this file for about 30 minutes, simulating some paths, looking at some speeds and feeds, I noticed that my PC had started to slow to a crawl. I re-opened my task manager and looked at how much memory mastercam was using. It was over 6 gigs of memory at that point. :shock:

I had to shut MC down. Seems that there may be some memory issues?

Been seeing at least 2 crashes a day. 64bit. Seems to help quite a bit when I shut down the log file recorder....

I had another strange occurance today. Opened file, made some changes, saved. Opened a different file from X5, re-selected proper machine def, set project manager, saved. It saved over the first file in the totally wrong directory. I've never seen this. Typically I set the project manager so the post file goes to the correct directory, but for some reason it defaulted to the file I had previously opened.

I just crashed. Completely shut down on me while doing a 5 axis impeller path. Not to bad though, thats the first time in a year of using Openmind HyperMILL that I had a crash that completely shut down the softare!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PEACE :D

I was playing around with an old part file, just watching some paths simulate etc. Been a while since ive run this particular part.

I noticed that when I opened the part file Mastercam was taking 102,584k of memory. After goofing with this file for about 30 minutes, simulating some paths, looking at some speeds and feeds, I noticed that my PC had started to slow to a crawl. I re-opened my task manager and looked at how much memory mastercam was using. It was over 6 gigs of memory at that point. :shock:

I had to shut MC down. Seems that there may be some memory issues?

I noticed a memory leak in X5 when using verify, but also saw the buffer recycle the leak after a while.

up to 4 today, ive been working on a decent part that has a pretty good mix of toolpaths, up to 125 ops thus far, also this is the first time im utilizing the stock models for rest ops, im impressed with the notion of the stock model but the calculation times suck, it takes forever to recalculate after you change something