Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What CAD program do you use?

Engineer

I use SolidWorks to build the model, then assign

a mastercam WCS to the model with a SW Coordinate

system. Then I export it as a parasolid with the defined WCS.

When I import the parasolid into Mastercam it is already aligned in Mastercam space the way I want it.

Jay ! LOL

~~~~~~~~

include Solid works for fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It depends of what you are doing and compexity .

I mostly always work on Mastercam but if I would make assemblings , a lot of complex models I would prefer some other more mighty tool and I like Solidworks from all the bunch

I do all of my mold, electrode, and part design work in PRO/E or one of its modules. I create a wcs in pro and export iges into MC based off of that wcs.

I have used pro/manufacturing in a limited way. I have found that when doing high speed machining on hardened cavities the tool paths seem to flow around the part in a smoother manner. It may just be my limited knowledge of how manipulate MC in surfaceing ops.

My current employeer has decided to migrate from Mastercam to Catia V5. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I'm #3 on the CATIA school list, so I'll still be using MC for the foreseeable future.

My intial browsing through CATIA made me feel awful stupid tongue.gif

It took me all day to build a retangular block,

put a pocket in it and toolpath it.

I still havn't figured out how to post it. headscratch.gif

gcode teh CATIA challenged tongue.gif

DavidB

I have worked with pro for 6 years now (since v18.0) I would be glad to help if you have any questions just drop me a e-mail.

The first thing I had to do was forget all MasterCam. It IS a whole different mindset. Contrary to what salespeople say there is nothing quick and easy about it until you understand how parametric relations work. That almost sounds dirty. biggrin.gif

I like wildfire better. With that said It took awhile to unlearn the menu picks I had spent the last two years memorizing. I spent about a week making mapkeys and menu buttons. For the average user like me making cavity blocks and basic assemblies I don't believe it makes you any faster. Its like anything you become good with what you are given to use in this trade.

If you get into advance surfaceing modules like our designers I would say from speaking with them they are 30% more effective.