Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chris Moffatt

JimFalbe

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karen, I just got back from vacation...

Please call me at 978- ***- **** or cell

978- ***-****

I tried to get ahold of you guys, but i got chris' cell number...

Get well soon... WTF, we were supposed to go riding when i got back from Mexico!!

[ 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions® ]

Brendan, Karen has her e-mail addy on her profile. I wouldn't leave your number up here too long. E-mail it to her and tell her to check her e-mail. If she can get on this thread she can get her e-mail.

Karen, give Chris our regards and hopes for a quick recovery.

Karen called me this morning on my cell fone. Thanks John if it were you who helped make this happen.

I got the number to call him at his hospital bed. He seems a little "doped up", but he is in good spirits. Just by talking to him, I honestly think he would be dead if he was not wearing a full face helmet!

Since I got my Hayabusa,I always wear full leather gear and full face helmet. I always preach this.

We were supposed to go for a ride together this week taking a day off from work! I'm just glad he is alive. Dumb F/N cagers......

Well, boys and girls, I have officially survived. Karen and I just got home from the hospital. I just finished listening to all of the messages on our answering machine, reading all of her emails; and reading all of the kind words spoken here and I must say that I am affiliated with some of the very best people that are to be found knocking around on this rock. Thanks, so much, for your outpouring of support and your kind words to my wife as she soldiered alone through the darkest f_cking forest that there is hoping and praying that I'd be alive and not dead, still me and not somebody else.

I have no recollection of my collision at all, and very little memory of the 12 hours before or the 48 hours after. From what we've learned through local news outlets, EMT gossip, and the wrecking yard times, I was simply minding my own business rolling East on Route 2A out in Orange, MA, when a guy rolling West on said road elected to bang a left into the parking lot of the local VFW or Elks [no alchohol was a factor for either of us] at which time I hit him somewhere between 3/4 head-on and completely broadside. The driver [who called my house when I was in trauma ICU] was extremely distraught and stated on more than one occaision he had "no idea that motorcycle was there" until I flew across his hood. I plan to travel out to the site when Karen and I have garnered some rest so that I can try to picture WTF happened. The most lucky thing for me [since I sustained no major trauma to my arms, legs, or spinal area; which is pretty f_cking amazing to start with] appears to have been the cool temperatures which had me wearing a couple of extra layers of gear and my HJC full-face. The head of the trauma team flat-out stated "if you had been wearing a half-helmet, you'd almost certainly be dead" and judging by the location and severity of the damage to my helmet I am much inclined to agree. Funny how that stuff works; I'm sure I was at least mildly bummed to have to wear that sweatbox and yet that one simple decision almost certainly has allowed me to kiss my wife again, hug my daughter again, continue my life in some reasonable facsimilie of what it was.

Anyway; enough rambling. Thanks again for all of your well wishes and thanks most for the support of my wife through an incredibly dark period.

I'll keep you all up to date as I continue down the come-back trail.

C

P.S. John, James, Matt, if you guys could set this computer to post as my 'chris m' identity that'd be great

Chris,

Hey big guy ur to tough for that sh!t to take ya down or away from here. wink.gif

quote:

and reading all of the kind words spoken here and I must say that I am affiliated with some of the very best people that are to be found knocking around on this rock.

Is a neat group of people isn't it ?

Hang in there Chris and get well soon. smile.gif

glad it wasn't worse

Karen,

He can have that 1 or 3 or 9 beers now. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

quote:

P.S. John, James, Matt, if you guys could set this computer to post as my 'chris m' identity that'd be great

I'd be more than happy to Chris, not something I can do however.

If you don't know your chrism password and just log in at work with it, you might email Dave, he can reset your password to a new email adress and then you'd be able to login with your screen name.

It's great to hear you're doing better, here's to continuing the healing process and getting back to 100%

cheers.gif