Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How did you guys get sooo good

Dead Money

quote:

The company I work for is based in San Diego, CA and is the largest and most successful of its kind.

Here's a cookie-bite-web.jpg

Then what are you doing here, just get one of your fellow Mastercam co-worker experts to help you since your not smart enough to do it yourself.

quote:

The boss even read my blog and posts to Usenet before deciding I was what he was looking for.

ROFL!! Shows how smart he was. cuckoo.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Then why don't you tell us Mr. Banquer who you work for?

he doesn't want you to know that because he's really just a janitor there biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

James,

Just got back up here, was down in Torrance with my folks for a bit. My 67 year old Mom has a spot in her right lung and well you can figure out the rest of the story. I'm going to get in touch with the contacts Andrew provided.

quote:

Probably the best part of were I work is we all help each other because the boss fosters this attitude and approach. I would not describe this as typical or common in the machining industry. I started in this trade in 1992 and have never worked in a better environment than where I'm at now. It took six months for me to get hired here. The boss even read my blog and posts to Usenet before deciding I was what he was looking for.

Sounds like you work at McDonalds as a microwave manager tongue.gif

Hey Jon, I was always wondering what/who you were and i checked online. People do not like you. Your like that annoying weirdo kid in class. Your fun to poke fun at and listening to you is funny, at first. Then you look down and wonder why this freak is dry humping your leg and won't stop. Did your parents lock you in a paint closet when you were being an annoying little bas$ta&d. That would explain allot. Has anyone here ever actually meet this freak? i picture him as low IQ eunuch that wears a tin foil hat. Am i close?

DeadMoney Welcome to the forum.

I don’t talk much here but I do a lot of reading you will get a lot out of just reading the posts these guys discuss.

“They know what they’re talking about”.

Everyone here is very willing to help you until you resolve the problem.

If you don't see something being covered you can search for it, just about every subject has been covered here.

One suggestion what we do here is we try to give our setup guys as much info as possible good descriptions of the Tools and I’ll even print out a view from Mastercam of the Fixture the Part and were the datum is set from (a picture can speaks a thousand words).

One more suggestion is to ask your Reseller to come for a day of training at your facility that way they can work with you on the parts you are programming not some parts out of a book that you will never work on and that way if there are any problems with the post the can fix it right their.

Ted

quote:

Keep in mind that all the good programmers I have worked with have had very...eccentric...errr I mean...."colorful" personalities.

That's why I have a blog. Last I checked it had well over 7,000 hits. Many of those hits come from people searching for information on Mastercam.

Seems to me that others' have gone off-topic, because of neilj posting on topic...and because of that, those that come into the thread without reading all the posts, automatically think it's neilj's fault, when it's actually the rest of you who can't seem to let sh!t go.

Damn, you guys are bitter.

This was a good topic too...what a shame.

Welcome to the Board ,DeadMoney ! cheers.gif

Hard working is the key to success .

Not magic videos ,but decent work ,a lot of reading ,learning the basics and theory .

Use forum search .

Most of questions were covered many times .

Do not be ashamed to aks silly questions .

There are no silly questions .

The only black sheep here is one self -proclamed expert " cutting through the bull$hit" (Tyler ,that`s his words ,plz do not delete it ) that is a shame to profession and to the mankind .

Why we don`t have no :popcorn: cookies ,Tyler ?

I just got Peter Smid's Mastercam 2 1/2 axis mill book. He is the same author as in the link above.

This book is sold and published by the same people who run this forum... In House Solutions and can be found here:

http://volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=3716

Disclaimer:

I have an agreement with the author of this book that any specific ideas I have for improvement go directly to him so I’m not open to really discussing this book in detail. Despite this agreement it would be fair to say I like much of this book.

Welcome to the forum Dead Money. cheers.gif

One of the best suggestions I got from this forum came from Ron (Crazy^Millman). Whenever you read a thread that helps you out, print it and keep it in a file for future reference. This is easier and faster than a search and before long you have a nice file full of helpful stuff.

I have learned more here from these guys than any other source so stay plugged in here and you'll be fine.

HTH

CNC apps guy: My thoughts and experience exactly, it's like your reading my mind.

"Spend as much time as you can "playing" with the software. You kind of have to think like a kid in this respect, kids learn by playing."

" Or, take work home. I know the thought of that just does not sit well with everyone but I probably programmed several dozen parts at home before any of my programs ever cut a single chip. I used to sneak into the office and copy blueprints (nothing that was sensitive) then take them home for learning."

I do that all the time, and yes, the guys at work work ride me for it. But when they need to know something , who has the answers most of the time? ME ME ME. Aside from that, I'm not doing it for the company, I'm doing it for my benefit, testing new knowledge and theories on their dime, perpetually adding to my bag O tricks. No college or schooling can even come close to this type of learning experience. Whether or not they choose to compensate me for the experience I'm gaining is irrelevant. I can take it with me. Nuff said.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Motor City, the main thing is the time DOES pay off. It may not pay off where you work now, or where you work next week or even next year. It does pay off eventually. ALWAYS be in learning mode. Pete Carroll says "Always Compete", I say "Always Learn". You'll always be competitive that way. biggrin.gif