Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

!@#$%^&* ARGH! I Hate the new Trim!!!!

DavidSV

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say that now that I have a lot more seat time with X4....I am in full agreement with the fact that this new trim sucks balls. I like the idea of it, however its a crap shoot when you are trying to trim 2 entities. Seems like they tried to copy solidworks trim preview and failed. Don't waste time programming in a switch....just get rid of the thing & concentrate on other areas that need work.

JM2C

I think some of issues we have as users could be resolved if we could link a hot key to a macro. This is easy in Pro/e, example would be exit function, undo and re-pick function with a keystroke! That would be nice. We know it will never be "bug free" so lets have the work a rounds easier with good macro writing/editing capabilities. Maybe I am missing something, but macros in MC are a PITA.

Erik

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Dang Murlin, if you would've waited any longer to reply to this, X5 would've already been out!

well I just now got X4 installed and so I hadn't tried the new trim yet..built a whole nuther puter outa scrap parts just to run X4...

I know from experience not to just dump a working version of MC wink.gif

Especially one that I have my digitizer, setup sheets, post processors, machine defs, control defs, config file, all the numerous things that have to happen....working flawlesly.

I am also not to fond of side by side installs, that take up too much space...(One of these days Ima get a terabyte....)

MC is such a PITA to upgrade....It's a small price to pay for the best, but it is still a PITA....

quote:

MC is such a PITA to upgrade

+1,000,000

I dread doing it. I used to enjoy it. At my last shop, I was the MC administrator, so to speak. When the updates came out, I knew I had a couple days of a$$ time getting 5 seats updated. Everyone there programmed and ran the machines so one guy out wasn't that big of a deal. Where I'm at now, I'm the only MC programmer and I don't have time for it. Updating the machine and control defs, things get changed. Why? It should update, not change the settings. All of sudden, this or that doesn't work. Why? Now I've got to figure out why, how to fix it AND keep the machines running. *That* is a PITA. It's a big reason why I skipped X3 all together. I've had X4 installed since it came out and have yet to get it "tweaked" to be able to actually use it. Ridiculous!

Thad