Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

Typical example of a steamer! Import Operations to apply to some geometry for a family of parts. Look at the highlighted Operation tool and look at the tool that is shown on the Operation tabs.

Ahh,i see.i never notice how you pick you're operation and it highlights your tool.

I always look at the tool name and tool number on the right.man you guys are picky :).

But if it makes code for 1/2 endmill,then that's a problem.

Rickster joke???

He's tried it once or twice but 99% of the time he's serious.

Really???.you're joking right?

Onward and upward, why do you think that they stop fixing releases once

the next one is available. Everybody needs maintenance to get the most out of their

MC, from one version to the next because CNC has due dates to deliver for maintenance customers

regardless.

I used to be a 2%er on the jokes, but my wise crack is all bunged up with seriousness. ;)

Being a beta site is not for everybody, but there is one big advantage.

When you are an active participating member of beta, your opinions , criticisms and enhancement requests

carry a little more weight than the average user

I disagree with this statement Tom, you are a great asset to the forum and Mastercam but everybody that has problems or issues must be heard and treated in the same regard as well. I am talking about people with logged problems that want them fixed before the next release is issued $$$$, not people just whining.

I thank all those that do Beta test, you guys deserve some kind of payment IMHO.

I would really like to beta test (I used to). We have 2 axis lathes, 4 axis mills, a 5 axis lathe, and a 5 axis mill. We use a broad range of Mastercam functions. We have all Okumas, and I know that the Okuma posts could use some love. (Some have already been loved :))

But, we aren't in good standing with our reseller, and even when we made a direct approach to CNC Software about it, it was ignored.

I guess we're not valued enough...

I would really like to beta test (I used to). We have 2 axis lathes, 4 axis mills, a 5 axis lathe, and a 5 axis mill. We use a broad range of Mastercam functions. We have all Okumas, and I know that the Okuma posts could use some love. (Some have already been loved :))

But, we aren't in good standing with our reseller, and even when we made a direct approach to CNC Software about it, it was ignored.

I guess we're not valued enough...

Well that is their loss Mick.

I do take the point about bi-directional communication and we're taking a few steps to change that. I've talked to a number of you about some of things we are doing. We are active here and we listen to the feedback and act accordingly where we can. We are much more active on the beta forum, so please join up on the beta program if you would like to get more involved. For various reasons it is difficult to talk about details of product futures in a public forum, however do publish details of bug fixes and customer requested enhancements with each update.

Camman1, A number of us here at CNC have offered help through web meetings to go through your issues, but you have not accepted the help on offer. It's very difficult to understand your issues without good data and a discussion around it to understand the context. I accept you might not have the time, but you have plenty of time to 'contribute' here. The offer still stands. Let me know your customer details so I can work with your reseller to help you out.

Regards

Dave.

Sent 17 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Camman1, I've been working my way through some of your posts with a couple of people here. We'd like to help you out and get to the bottom of the issues you've been experiencing. I've had two people here contact you to see if we can arrange a web meeting to go so we can listen and see if we can help out. I know this takes time which you may not have, but if you make some time I would appreciate the input and the opportunity to resolve this.

If you don't have the time, but could send in some examples or more detail then please do - email [email protected] and mark it for my attention and we'll be sure to look in to it and get back to you.

Regards

David Boucher

Product Development

-------------------------------------------Reply Removed--------------------------

CamMan1, thanks for the reply. I understand the frustration and we're here to help. I've been spending some time going back through threads but haven't found enough to pin point specific issues and make me feel that we have understood or solved your problem.

I can see you have issues with verify resolution, but there are different things at play depending on the nature of the part - increasing the precision factor will help, but there are other things we're fine tuning from a development side. For some other things, we need to better understand your workflow, because we're not seeing some of these things in test conditions. We can also go through some things on stock model and any other topics you would like to cover.

I'd also like to get your reseller involved so can you let me have your company details so I can follow up with them. We will do everything we can do get you up and running to your satisfaction.

I've checked a couple of calendars - anytime between 1 to 3 pm EST looks good as far as I can see, but will confirm if you can be available during that window. Please let me know.

Regards

Dave.

David Boucher

Product Manager

CNC Software, Inc

Sent 20 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just a follow up on this CamMan1, we'd here to help, so please let me have your customer information so we can arrange a session with you, CNC Software and your reseller tech support team.

Regards

Dave.

Sorry I am busy WORKING. I can't help the fact that I don't have any free time right now. This reply looks more like a public flogging to embarrass me then a helping hand.

Sorry I am busy WORKING. I can't help the fact that I don't have any free time right now. This reply looks more like a public flogging to embarrass me then a helping hand.

looks more like just showing that they offered to work with you on your issues to me.
  • Like 1

If you got enough time to spend hours on eMC flogging CNC Software, you've got enough time to take a phone call when they call trying to help.

• Like 2

CamMan1

The guys above have a valid point.

However, we all understand that there is always prep work involved before talking with qc. It takes time, especially since a lot of stuff is ITAR controlled. Also, don't be "intimidated" by qc. Those are very knowledgeable and helpful guys. The response time is literally minutes when working on an ongoing problem.

This reply looks more like a public flogging to embarrass me then a helping hand.

Dude, I don't know what more he could have done to try and offer you help more politely?

-I do take the point about bi-directional communication and we're taking a few steps to change that.

-We'd like to help you out and get to the bottom of the issues you've been experiencing. I've had two people here contact you to see if we can arrange a web meeting to go so we can listen and see if we can help out. I know this takes time which you may not have, but if you make some time I would appreciate the input and the opportunity to resolve this.

-Just a follow up on this CamMan1, we'd here to help, so please let me have your customer information so we can arrange a session with you, CNC Software and your reseller tech support team.

• Like 1