Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

Guest MTB Technical Services

Well I just got off the phone having an hour long conversation with Daniel (Watcher).

Extremely knowledgeable, unquestionable integrity, and a bloody nice bloke!

:cheers:

I'll second that!

• 4 weeks later...

I just have to say that I love the new verify.

The old verify was useless for me it took forever to processes and I did not usually have the time to run it and change something and run it again. the new verify actually runs so fast that I can use it on every part. :smoke:

yup..

I'm doing the finish op on a Ø58" vane.I'm using a 160 meg STL file from the roughing operation.

It takes a while to load, but runs great once it's loaded.

I can pan zoom and rotate the model around while Verify running with no problem at all.

I couldn't even create this stl file in X6, let alone open it and use it for something

I'm also kinda liking the new verify. The HUGE issue I have with it though is not being able to save any of your settings. Why in the world would CNC not put that functionality in? We use stl compare a lot and it's a huge PITA to setup every dang time. Am I missing something?

MIke

Did you see my workaround for the compare settings?

My biggest (far from only) issue is "Stop Conditions -> Tool Change" is borken if you have multiple tools of the same type.

The 1st four tools in my current file are 1/2" ball cutters, T1-T4. The simulator sees them all as T4.

Some jobs will have hundreds of operations, with many duplicate tools, frustrating is an understatement.

?

??

Why not use operation change?

Well, just for the sake of argument lets say the 1st 25 operations are T1.

I'll need to devote my attention to 25 stops in order to stop at T2.

Edit:

Why can't it just work? Why does everything (yes, I know I'm over-generalizing)

need to have a work around? Sorry, rant over.

My biggest (far from only) issue is "Stop Conditions -> Tool Change" is borken if you have multiple tools of the same type.

The 1st four tools in my current file are 1/2" ball cutters, T1-T4. The simulator sees them all as T4.

Some jobs will have hundreds of operations, with many duplicate tools, frustrating is an understatement.

?

??

Anyone know if the Tool Manager is being revamped for the MU1 release.

Why in the world would CNC not put that functionality in? We use stl compare a lot and it's a huge PITA to setup every dang time. Am I missing something?

How come Microsoft did away with the Start Menu? Things happen when developing software Mike. I would have thought our trip back there would have showed you some of that. Things have to move forward and sometimes that requires change. A developer always hopes the new things work perfect, but not always the case. There is so much to consider and decide on. How would you organize well over 100 people, support over 170K seats, 75 different re-sellers, and different partners and keep it all perfect? I am sure they would love to hear from those experts who have made their own CAM software the right way to keep everyone happy. I got my lessons working for Verisurf. Not easy getting it all done and then making everyone single user happy. Can't be done if it could then there would only be one CAM software out there and the whole world would be using it. Not trying to beat a dead horse here or make you think I do not care for from it. Mike I have tons of respect for you and many other on this forum and many that responded to this thread. Thing is how do we address the issues and help move things forward? Threads like this are scaring people to not even try the newest stuff. Hell if I was a competitor I would be paying people to do the very thing going on in this thread. I ask you and others have you always made perfect parts? Always made every delivery one time? Ask yourself would you like your customers putting up threads trashing you as much as Mastercam get trashed on this forum? People keep acting like it is the end of the world and I have had my own issues with Mastercam, but again look where we were 25 years ago and where we are today. Tell me Mastercam and other CAM companies have not help change the Manufacturing world as we all know it.

I will be in the Mastercam booth at Westec and anyone that would like to talk to me and see how I can help them please stop by and say hello. Not coming to Westec shoot me and email and I will be glad to see if I can help. May not be able to, but I will try just the folks at Mastercam are doing. They are trying and making a better product, but some things take time. Some things require us to adjust our thinking and ways. Question is are we in the crowd to embrace that change and help it move forward or are we going to be in the crowd that keeps making it harder?

Ron - I really believe EVERYONE here wants things to be better, not worse.

I really believe CNC wants things to be better as well - not much point being in business otherwise is there?

So to me the way forward is to have more people BETA test, and to do this, it must be an easier process. Taking dongles home is a PITA and not acceptable to the vast majority of shop owners.

If there was a timed code type way of doing it, this would help everyone. More testing = more issues found at an earlier stage = more time to fix before release.

Ron,

I agree 100% that it is not an easy what CNC does and I don't really know the first thing about software programming and I'm sure fixing some of these issues is not easy. I'm actually really liking X7 at this point and it has been pretty darn stable after I did the SP2 update. What really frustrated me though is some of this simple stuff that would make a huge difference that seems to be taking a back seat.

Mike

I am by no means a C++ programmer and I think those guys just rock being able to make the programs we use daily. That being said, when I sit down to redo or remake a CNC program I always have in the back of my mind "Whatever I replace needs to function faster/better/stronger than my previous attempt at the program". It just seems this latest attempt at mastercam went backwards. I have to do more work now to accomplish the same things I did in X6. I'm not saying the software is complete junk now but man it should be making my job easier not harder.