Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Married? Steady? How long?

Rekd™

quote:

Don't dare leave the toilet seat up.

Ahhh yes an important lesson to learn indeed. cheers.gif

I appllaud all you guys that have been married so long.

I have been married before. My previous marriage ended when she ran off with a guy she met on the internet in Canada.....She took all my money, maxxed out all my cards and split. Her gal pal left her husband for a guy she met on the net in Italy......

You always hear about things like this happening, but you think they will never happen to you....

Murlin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucket and Stuart, Thanks for breaking it up...It was getting a little sappy. LOL

Good luck to both of you.

As for me...

Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 horses and a damn cat.

I convinced a city girl to live on 40 acres in the country and I'm glad she took me up on that. We were set up by a mutual friend, dated for a year, engaged for a year and now married for (cold sweat and quick math) 6-1/2 yrs. My boy is 4 on Monday and he loves doing MANLY things with me and is already a work-a-holic. Just when I thought I had kids figured out we had our girl 17 month ago. WOW. All of her mom's emotions x 1000. I always thought 2 going on 16 was just an expression. eek.gif

It's great to see the real stories of people with values instead of the pathetic headlines we see everyday.

These are the values that America was built on. Life is good. If only the PACK was 6-0, damn it.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

quote:

if you get'em young enough you get to break'em in the way you want'em. i am sure she would NOT agree with that.

You just have to ask who broke who.

I've been bossed around for 15 years by the greatest lady in the universe. Thanks to her a have more than I'd ever dreamed of.

Glenn

P.S. Congrads to all. cheers.gif

Married for 4 years

Two kids, 13yrs and 10 months

Been together off and on for a long time

Almost with you Brendan, separated for nine months after we were married for 18 months (we got along better before I put the ring on) and almost divorced but got back together and doing OK now.

I shoulda booked when I had the chance

C

quote:

Lemme tell you something... I wear the pants in MY family.. (and I have my wife's permission to say so..)

I make all the big decisions in my family, my wife takes care of the rest. In my 22 years of being with her ,nothing has been big enough for her to bother me .

Scott teh' the henpecked

[ 10-17-2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

[QU--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemme tell you something... I wear the pants in MY family.. (and I have my wife's permission to say so..)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTE]

Rekd,

At leadt you get your wifes to do so. I'm at the point I don't want them back.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gif

In our case it was $$. When we were not married, even when we lived together, I never paid too much attention to what she was doing financially. When we got married, though, and she had the keys to my account eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif I used to throw up when I got the bank statements. Now she has her monthly allotment to spend [cash] and the family gets the rest. No debit card, no check book, no joint credit card.

MUCH better

C

its refreshing to see i'm not the only one who has had problems during marriage. i met my wife on a blind date for my senior prom in high school. i didn't want to go at all but my friend and his girl wanted me to, so they asked her first,then told me (i still can't understand why she said yes, she had a boyfriend at the time). anyways as they say, "the rest is history". we hit it off great and she helped me get thru some tough times (my cousin/best friend was killed in a car accident the same night as the prom).we dated for 3 years, got married august,22 1998 so we have been married for 5 years. have 2 boys,ages 5 and 2.

the first year was really rough,like chris said,but we made it thru and things are going real well now!

great thread! biggrin.gif you all rock! cheers.gif

I was 30 years old and single.

Once I was one last step from marriage but something prevented me from this .

I was a big fan of the bycicle , traveled a lot

on vacations all over Russia ,every week 300-500 km

end every trip 10 days- 2 weeks 2000-3000.

Never used bus or had a car - always bycicle , travels. trips ,repairments, modifications and so .

Now even winter time when snow I put chains on wheels and traveled on bycicle .

Road accidents ,traums , broken legs .knocked heads , and teared skin !

It was fun !

And a lot of other hobbies .

Once I got the eyes illness after one such trip on wind and snow and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and when I came out I found that the girl I dated with found someone not so crazy !

That`s when my father told me that someone he and I know wanted to aquitened me with his daughter I didn`t say no .

I hated such a way to date !

But I was in the desperate mood .

Living in the world without light !

So I said OK rather indifferantly.

It was a storm and I did a lot of crazy things and remember every day of it.

We met three month ,married 12.5 years ,have 2 daughters 12 and 5 year( Hani and Dina ) and I am grateful to the destiny that found a way to meet us .

Iskander the married man

[ 10-18-2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]