Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

oneyankfan1, No now you select the entity first then select a color and it changes. And you can do like in X9 keep picking colors till find the one you like. and see it change live.

What about turning on/off, and/or customizing the "ghosted" tool bars on the design screen?

It doesn't appear that there is a way to customize those. I asked earlier about customizing the QM icons but got no reply. There are some QM icons that I NEVER use and now I have to wade through all of them to get at the ones that I frequently use. Another poor decision IMO.

sorry just saw this.

When creating wireframe geometry in 2017 it appears there is no longer fields for entering x,y,z coordinates. If I'm creating a line endpoint or circle center point for example, do I now have to click a random point on the screen and translate to where I want it, or am I missing something? I realize this is something that I may not need very often, but I like the ability to type in an exact location for a point if needed.

When creating wireframe geometry in 2017 it appears there is no longer fields for entering x,y,z coordinates. If I'm creating a line endpoint or circle center point for example, do I now have to click a random point on the screen and translate to where I want it, or am I missing something? I realize this is something that I may not need very often, but I like the ability to type in an exact location for a point if needed.

Nevermind. Just figured out that although the input fields are gone, I can still type the coordinates in... duh

So far  I Hate this interface , sorry  creators

Way I work- I am typing by left hand  ,right hand on mouse .

So   I am  minimum using  the  top menu .  People like me  suppose to memorise new letter combinations  for the command  and  it seem to me not  as convenience  as use to be . 

• Like 4

Does 2017 finally officially support multiple instances of the program? Come on, how many of you do NOT have several instances open at once all the time? :)

Others versions did as well, but they have finally removed the warning. The warning was a CYB for the people who had nothing better to do complain if the multiple session did create an issue for them. I have had several more than 1gig filed open at the same time on a computer than can handle it.

Others versions did as well, but they have finally removed the warning. The warning was a CYB for the people who had nothing better to do complain if the multiple session did create an issue for them. I have had several more than 1gig filed open at the same time on a computer than can handle it.

Now if we can copy/paste operations between sessions....that would make life MUCH nicer...

• Like 5

I installed mastercam 2017 a few days ago and started playing with it right away. The solid impression was working great until today. Now it keeps giving me a disjointed error. I did make some changes in my config and control def to match x9 but I'm not sure what I would've possibly changed to make it not work anymore. Any Ideas? If I create a solid block it performs a Boolean remove just fine. It also won't open any of my mastercam files now either. I'm not sure what happened, it's like all the files became corrupt or something. I opened the original parsolid file and solid impression worked fine on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I no longer see surface finish parallel in the 3D toolpaths. I suppose HS Raster does the same thing, or I can adjust parameters to use surface rough parallel the same as finish, but I used surface finish often and was wondering if it's hidden somewhere or if it has been done away with.

I no longer see surface finish parallel in the 3D toolpaths. I suppose HS Raster does the same thing, or I can adjust parameters to use surface rough parallel the same as finish, but I used surface finish often and was wondering if it's hidden somewhere or if it has been done away with.

Its still there

If you can't find it in the Ribbon Bar

Try right clicking in the Operations Manager

and selecting

Mill Toolpaths/Surface Finish

Thanks gcode.

I can get to it by right clicking Op manager, which I never normally do. I still haven't figured out how to add a command to an existing group in a tab. I can only add it as a separate group. I also found that I can edit the context menu and add my most used toolpaths then right mouse button anywhere and select a toolpath.

Mastercam 2017 CRASHED when a went to save a file... it really wasn't a large file.

LOST ALL MY OF MY CUSTOM "RIGHT CLICK MENU"

How do I save the "context menu" or right click menu so I don't  have to customize again ?

thanks,

tim