Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

The New 2017 Interface

The New 2017 Interface  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does the new interface help your work flow?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unchanged
    • Undecided

Has any noticed this behavior?

I open mach def, edit the control def,save, save.

i click in a tool group properties and hit files and the properties window does not show up

Save MC, close MC, Open MC and it now works.

Also with out changing the mach or control def, once you open the properties in

a toolgroup and close it, you cant open it again until you , save, close, open??

new bug to work out me thinks..... very frustrating.

MC2017 doesn't use actual solids for the tool holders

it does a solid slice, then revolves the geometry to define the holder.. the same way you'd build

a custom tool or customer holder. 

The only difference is MC2017 is doing the work for you

If the supplied standard holder libraries are adequate, you won't use this feature much.

I use a lot of Capto holders,

Capto is a modular system where you assemble various components to build a holder

In the past I had to build the components in the holder builder manually, which could take some time.

Now I use the Sandvik supplied step files and get an accurate holder in seconds

This is a Capto stack I used with X9. It's made of 4 componemts

and I had to build the holder manually in the holder builder

http://www.emastercam.com/board/topic/82486-capto-rules/?hl=capto

With MC2017, I can assemble the components in SolidWorks,

export a step file and build a factory accurate Mastercam holder is seconds

And, if you have access to Sandviks Adveon, you can build the assembly in Adveon, and then export it. If your software supports Adveon import, it will import the Adveon assembly directly. Otherwise, it is as simple as extracting the solid from the zip file.

Unfortunately, Adveons current release only supports Milling tools. Turning is in the beta.

Does any one think that it would me handy to rearrange the planes in the planes manager 

manually so that you can get custom WCS's in a row with associated planes that you

make randomly (or create relative to)?

Dragging them up and down like tool-paths in a group would be sweet

It was requested many versions ago. That and the ctrl and shift ability in the planes manager.

Check this out - make a simple drawing and dimension it.  Now mirror the whole thing in the X and your dimensions are upside down, but not only are they upside down - every dimension you create from now on is also upside down.  How do I fix this? it's driving me nuts.  

Does anybody know how to remove the stupid selection bar at the top of the screen?  Or the mask menu on the right?  

the cannot be removed

there is a translucency slicer in System Config that allows you to make them nearly invisible

the cannot be removed

there is a translucency slicer in System Config that allows you to make them nearly invisible

Can I move it somehow?  Whenever I try to click near the top of my drawing, It activates the menu instead and it's driving me nuts.  Or is this something I'm just going to have to get used to? 

btw, love your icon.  Such an amazing show.  I'm going to have to pull out my dvd's and watch it again now.  

Can I move it somehow?  Whenever I try to click near the top of my drawing, It activates the menu instead and it's driving me nuts.  Or is this something I'm just going to have to get used to? 

btw, love your icon.  Such an amazing show.  I'm going to have to pull out my dvd's and watch it again now.  

Yes you are going to have to get use to it.

• 1 month later...

Ok Cool Thankyou very much.

Is it just me of is that a bit naff ? seems like a backwards step from the yellow box's where you could dial up a calc or lock on an x,y or z value or right click for other options ect ? I take it there is not a setting to bring that back.?

I'm not saying it sucks or it's great, but that functionality (just start typing) has been in many previous versions of MC. It's not new in 2017.

• Like 1