Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hidden Email Poll

Webby

Let's get the group's opinion on hiding all emails. When we force you to hide your email, it disrupts the flow of information and assistance, but chances of board-related spam are basically eliminated. If I open emails back up, each individual can decide in their profile how they wish email to be handled (visible, invisible but through the board, or disabled).

I should mention that the site can't be automatically 'mined' for email addresses. A perp would need to join up as a board member in order to access email addresses, which means spam will be CAD/CAM/DNC/CNC related.

[ 06-24-2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]

Under the current system. members have a choice.

They can keep it hidden or not. I keep mine hidden

and when someone emails me, it gets forwarded to

me by emastecam.com.

I don't know how much delay is involved, but I always get the email.

Someone had to register and go through people's profiles one at a time collecting emails. It took a long time cause the forum has controls to prevent data mining. You can't look at more than one email address every 30 seconds or so.

Maybe that could be tightened up so you could only use one email address evey 5 minutes.

At any rate one of our registered users is really

a spammer and a thief. I don't guess we'll ever know who it is. I wonder if webby knows ????

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah,

I think that with us being able to choose weather or not we want to be visible is fine enough. We can always changeone way or another. ANother good point made was that 1 spam in 2 years.. not too bad. I've been a member since about two months after the start and this was only like #2 for spam. No biggie.

PM is in fact a UBB option, just have it turned off - no way to police it. I tend to like the concept of 'convergence'. Is is not enough to have discussion boards, email work/home, voice mail work/cell/home, IM, etc. Gotta have the Private Messaging too?! wink.gif