Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

Mike, I'd be really interested in seeing you run the "official emastercam benchmark" on all three of your Mastercam offerings. If any of them got even half as good as Murray's time, that would be pretty bitchin for the price. Also, posting the time for all 3 units would help people decide if the $1500 dollar system meets their needs, or if they should pony up for the $2400 system.

Hi,

old specs:

C2D e6750 @ 2.67 ghz

2 GB DDR2 800

SATA2 samsung 500GB 7200 UPM

WinXp pro 32bit

X4 MU1: 2min 28sec

than i change the RAM to 4GB DDR2 800

X4 MU1: 2min 28sec smile.gif

than i OC to 3.52 ghz

X4 MU1: 1min 55sec

(than i move OP#3 from the last to the first

place: 1min 26sec)

bye

garf

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Okay here is my test:

X4MU3

2:37 with .0001 filter

48 seconds with .001 filter

Windows 7 64 bit

Dual Quad Core 2.66 ghz Xeon Processors.

12 gig of Memory

Fx1800 Video Card

Dual 24" Dell HD Motiors

2 320 Gig Sata 15k HDD

I am VERY surprised to see these numbers. I am within 10 seconds of you with Core2Duo 6600@ 2.4Ghz. Only 2 gig of memory.....It defiantly makes me raise my eyebrow.

quote:

I am within 10 seconds of you with Core2Duo 6600@ 2.4Ghz.

Overclock a bit and you could beat him. Those extra cores he paid for aren't helping him very much at this point. As far as I can tell, as long as nothing in the system sucks performance will be based largely on cache size and clock speed.

Crazy_Millman,

Have you checked affinity in task manager when you made your benchmark. My system i similar to yours, but I have less RAM and a single Xeon Quad, 32-bit OS. Your results looks like the my results with affinity set to one CPU. Sadly I can't get affinity to default to all CPU:s on this system, but if I change affinity to all cores in an active session smile.gif The result is way better. If this is the case you would have benchmarks below 1 min 25 sec.

Please let me know.

I would like to find a way to default affinity to all cores. (Or at least 3 cores) for Mastercam.

I have a DELL Precision T3500.

The HP:s I've tried at the office defaults to all cores for MC.

OK turned off eye candy kicked up memory in Mastercam to 95% whopping 11671.30mb

This is what I got 58 seconds 2 op done:

1:12 seconds 1st op done.

1:38 seconds 3rd op done. With eye candy on it take 1 minute longer to do everything. I like the eye candy so it will be going back. But this is my test without eye candy.

So may not be the best but I can live with since my home computer took 14 minutes to run the same test. It was an old Xp from about 4 years ago with Duo core and only 2 gig of memory.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

posted May 26, 2009 12:07 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Vaporware... it's at 2:19.704 if it's too blurry to see.

Second time through; 00:32.305 sec.

Same M6300 I've had for 17 months.

So for a comparison back around page 18;

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X2 MR1 SP2 best number was 6:44

X3 PC2 best number 6:10 with for the first time through on my system.

:41 Sec with X3 PC2 second time through.

Still an inprovement. Granted only :34 sec, but an improvement is an improvement.

From 6:10 to 2:20. THAT is improvement.

Guessing that's the top time now.

I ADDED 5 sec to my last test. Same computer...

Dell M6300 running XP Pro w/ 4GB RAM, NVidia Quadro FX 1600M. Not too bad still.

That's AFTER adding /3GB /Userva=2900 to my boot.ini

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Down to 2:00 flat with a new Solid State HDD. Kingston SNV425S2128GB to be exact. 22.28 sec for a regen after after the original regen. That is a serious improvement.

So going to an SSD shaved 20 sec off my initial time.

MC loads nearly instantly. CATIA, normally a 2 minute start... down to 30 sec.

The SSD's cost so much because they are worth it.

JM2C

• 2 weeks later...

James I am like you in Vaperware one computer the time was 2:20 min/sec then tried it in my other almost the same except the video card and the hard drive.

2:34 min/Sec.

then tried in X4 and got 3:13 min/sec this is good.

the difference between the tow computers was one has a Raptor HD and a Quadro fx 1700, the other has a Quadro FX 4600 and a standard 7200 drive.

Both are Dell 390 and I was running mail and listen to music and the looking on the web on both.

Both running Win7 & pro 64bit with 8 gigs and both have all the eye candy on.

I finally got around the benchmarking my cheapo Costco ZT systems computer.

I originally bought this computer to just run JobBOSS, but it seemed so quick for regular tasks, that it slowly turned into my do-it-all computer. The computer was $650 bucks and included Excel, Word, and XPPro.

Q6700 @ 2.67ghz

4GB ram

500GB HD

$120 Quadro FX370

XP pro

Dual Dell 24 and 22 inch monitors

Other programs running at the time of benchmark (from left to right):

ShopAlerts (part of JobBOSS)

Cimco

Thunderbird

Solidworks

Excel (one sheet)

JobBOSS

Windows explorer

PDF of a Kaiser catalog

Calculator

Quickbooks

Firefox

Sprint mobile broadband connector

Carbonite online backup

And another windows explorer

Time was 2 minutes 23 seconds. It actually seemed like it was done much faster than that, but the final line of the event log didn't show up for another 30 or 40 seconds.