Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i found a way to fix every problem in X7

oneyankfan1

Oh, and I started on V4.11... I've been a hardened Mastercam user since then, up until about 12 months ago, when my commitment got severely tested.. Not by the product though.

Now I use both NX and Mastercam.

Gcode, the Teksoft98 reminds me of Mastercam V5. The first "windows" releases. That version, to me, was a steaming turd :)

Oh, and I started on V4.11... I've been a hardened Mastercam user since then, up until about 12 months ago, when my commitment got severely tested.. Not by the product though.

Now I use both NX and Mastercam.

Gcode, the Teksoft98 reminds me of Mastercam V5. The first "windows" releases. That version, to me, was a steaming turd :)

V5 was the version used at Saddleback Community College when I took 2 semesters of Mastercam.

I didn't know enough about CAM to recognize a steaming turd if I stepped in it.

I thought it was pretty cool.. compared to Anicam 1.0 that I was using at work

I personally don't think that asking for bug fixes or corrections on software faults/ errors is whining if done constructively. Yes most problems can be solved with different work arounds but it still does not address the problems head on. As Jeremy stated no software is without problems.

CamMan1 I am sorry but I am not seeing the difference. I see you think tool 1 is picked, but everything else says and shows Tool 9. When you post the operations what do you get for tool output? Is it supposed to be tool 1 and not tool 9? Sorry, but those picture and your lack of a real idea leaves me asking more questions.

Constructively is the key. I've stepped over the line from time to time, but I REALLY try not to. It doesn't really help matters to do that.

+1. It can be hard some times to document some of the more sporadic problems and put it all together for QC. Easier just to vent and complain and keep plugin along. Sometimes it's pretty frustrating if you take the time to put everything together, get a bug #, and don't see it fixed for a looonggg time. It's been talked about before, but an active bug progress list would be pretty nice.

Mike

Guest MTB Technical Services

Constructively is the key. I've stepped over the line from time to time, but I REALLY try not to. It doesn't really help matters to do that.

+1. It can be hard some times to document some of the more sporadic problems and put it all together for QC. Easier just to vent and complain and keep plugin along. Sometimes it's pretty frustrating if you take the time to put everything together, get a bug #, and don't see it fixed for a looonggg time. It's been talked about before, but an active bug progress list would be pretty nice.

Mike

Ditto.

A real bi-directional feedback loop is needed.

The reliance on resellers to communicate the status of bugs that have been submitted is maddening.

Speaking for myself, the lack of any meaningful communication on both formal & informal bug reports as well as enhancement requests only fosters frustration from the very users needed to better the product.

• Like 2

CamMan1 I am sorry but I am not seeing the difference. I see you think tool 1 is picked, but everything else says and shows Tool 9. When you post the operations what do you get for tool output? Is it supposed to be tool 1 and not tool 9? Sorry, but those picture and your lack of a real idea leaves me asking more questions.

Operation 16 shows 3/4 (.750) diameter end mill. Operation tab for operation 16 shows 1/2 (.500) end mill selected and wrong holder selected. You actually think that is okay? So what if it does post fine. It's not right. Things like that are where you end up crashing machines or scrapping parts. This is typical of what we have gotten used to.

I do take the point about bi-directional communication and we're taking a few steps to change that. I've talked to a number of you about some of things we are doing. We are active here and we listen to the feedback and act accordingly where we can. We are much more active on the beta forum, so please join up on the beta program if you would like to get more involved. For various reasons it is difficult to talk about details of product futures in a public forum, however do publish details of bug fixes and customer requested enhancements with each update.

Camman1, A number of us here at CNC have offered help through web meetings to go through your issues, but you have not accepted the help on offer. It's very difficult to understand your issues without good data and a discussion around it to understand the context. I accept you might not have the time, but you have plenty of time to 'contribute' here. The offer still stands. Let me know your customer details so I can work with your reseller to help you out.

Regards

Dave.

Sent 17 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Camman1, I've been working my way through some of your posts with a couple of people here. We'd like to help you out and get to the bottom of the issues you've been experiencing. I've had two people here contact you to see if we can arrange a web meeting to go so we can listen and see if we can help out. I know this takes time which you may not have, but if you make some time I would appreciate the input and the opportunity to resolve this.

If you don't have the time, but could send in some examples or more detail then please do - email [email protected] and mark it for my attention and we'll be sure to look in to it and get back to you.

Regards

David Boucher

Product Development

-------------------------------------------Reply Removed--------------------------

CamMan1, thanks for the reply. I understand the frustration and we're here to help. I've been spending some time going back through threads but haven't found enough to pin point specific issues and make me feel that we have understood or solved your problem.

I can see you have issues with verify resolution, but there are different things at play depending on the nature of the part - increasing the precision factor will help, but there are other things we're fine tuning from a development side. For some other things, we need to better understand your workflow, because we're not seeing some of these things in test conditions. We can also go through some things on stock model and any other topics you would like to cover.

I'd also like to get your reseller involved so can you let me have your company details so I can follow up with them. We will do everything we can do get you up and running to your satisfaction.

I've checked a couple of calendars - anytime between 1 to 3 pm EST looks good as far as I can see, but will confirm if you can be available during that window. Please let me know.

Regards

Dave.

David Boucher

Product Manager

CNC Software, Inc

Sent 20 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Just a follow up on this CamMan1, we'd here to help, so please let me have your customer information so we can arrange a session with you, CNC Software and your reseller tech support team.

Regards

Dave.

• Like 1
Guest MTB Technical Services

Dave,

Many Thanks for the honest and open communication.

This is exactly the kind of thing we're all talking about.

It is very much appreciated.

I do take the point about bi-directional communication and we're taking a few steps to change that. I've talked to a number of you about some of things we are doing. We are active here and we listen to the feedback and act accordingly where we can. We are much more active on the beta forum, so please join up on the beta program if you would like to get more involved. For various reasons it is difficult to talk about details of product futures in a public forum, however do publish details of bug fixes and customer requested enhancements with each update.

I can understand not wanting to discuss certain matters publicly. I'd suggest an "official" closed

forum, available to licensed users only, where you could be more open with your user base; in

addition to a real bug tracking system.

How does one join the beta program, & where is the beta forum?

I can understand not wanting to discuss certain matters publicly. I'd suggest an "official" closed

forum, available to licensed users only, where you could be more open with your user base; in

If you want to join beta, contact your dealer.

The beta forum is here on eMC. If you belong, you can see it

Ah, so there already is a secret society.

Is there an expectation that we actually be a contributing beta tester?

I don't see my company wanting to do that.

Its not for everybody. I see users here that don't install new releases

till they are at MU1 or 2. Their owners are for sure not letting them install beta software.

I own my own seat so it's my decision

I've been a beta site since 1999. I have dozens of dead bugs in my trophy case. (and a few that have escaped capture ) :laughing:

Being a beta site is not for everybody, but there is one big advantage.

When you are an active participating member of beta, your opinions , criticisms and enhancement requests

carry a little more weight than the average user

• Like 1

Like gcode said, it's here, you just can't see it ;)

post-3926-0-44097300-1380722610_thumb.png