Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Passion of the Christ

Hardmill

Ok guys,

Who has seen it and how did you like it??

We saw it Tues. eve with our church, in my

eyes it was awesome. Don't believe there was

a dry eye in the house. Pretty cool to watch

a movie spoken completely in aramaic w/subtitles

(I beleve I spelled that right), it really added

to the movie.

The message it really hits home that christ

endured so much pain for us.

Just thought I'd share.

The Passion of the Christ

PEACE biggrin.gif and God Bless

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably be working Saturday, but my

wife and I will go see it Sunday for sure.

I've got to laugh at Mel Gibson's critics.

He couldn't find any finacial backers so he paid

to make the movie. He could find a studio to distribute the movie, so he paid for that himself.

Gibson has put $50 million of his own money into this and now that it might be successful they are saying he only did it for the money. A year ago they were laughing at him for being a fool.

Andy Rooney ( 60 Minutes) blew my mind last Sunday. I always liked him, but last Sunday he showed his true colors. Bigotry comes in all shapes and sizes.

Hi

Saw it today.

WOW

Not much of a religious person myself, but this movie is AWESOME.

If I had to describe it to someone, I'd say it was the emotional equivalent of the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan x 10, for the whole movie!!

I have literally never seen anything even remotely as powerful as this film, and again I do not consider myself a religious person.

Everyone should see this. You definitely walk out of the theater differently.

We went to the Matinee, there were two theatres showing it at the same times, both standing room only with lines out of the theatre for the next showing. I guess Mel Gibson's having the last laugh...

John

To those who have seen it.

Were there many, or any, youths at the movie? My youngest is 12 and my wife wants to bring them with us to see it. I am concerned it may be too powerful for them. Perhaps waiting for the dvd and seeing it at home would be better for them. What do you think.

Phil

quote:

Did they have TV's 2000 years ago?

I dont know, you tell me??

What i'm trying to say is, these Tv preachers call some bloke from the stand and heals him, but the bloke is in on the scam.

Now what if Jesus did something similar, I'm sure thousands would believe anything he said, if he faked some miracles.

Besides if Jesus was truly the son of God, why didn't he show up 10,000 or 50,000 years earlier.

Why is all religion is only 2000 or 3000 years old. When we all know human beings have inhabitated this planet far longer than than. And if God really created us, shouldn't he if have let his presence be known 50,000 years ago .

The Bible itself warns about "wolves coming into the flock" . I would not judge christians by some false TV evangelists that are only after peoples money and attention for themselves. On the positive side when things go bad, christians seem to be the ones that open their wallets and donate time and money freely to others. Look at all the hospitals that are church based and are "healing".

Mackius,

I find your statements a little disturbing.

quote:

I'm not religious, actually i'm an athiest, so i don't plan on watching any religious propaganda

Think a little more first before you reply. I have an open mind on things and can understand your thoughts. I don't agree with them but you're entitled to your opinion.

What you term "propaganda" is actually one man's public presentation of a search for truth. I've read an article in Entertainment Weekly about Mr. Gibson's production. You choose not to see it. That's OK. Don't claim it's "propaganda" however because it isn't. If it was, Mel Gibson wouldn't have produced it. The Mormons or Pentacostals or Evangelicals or Catholics or countless other religious sects would've made it. Then you could claim it was "propaganda". I don't know what Mr. Gibson chooses to believe. I do know what I believe. There would be no life without God. You choose to believe what you want. That's "free will". A gift from God.

Enjoy life. I know I will. biggrin.gif

I think propaganda isn't the right word, now that i've read some articles on the movie.

There was recent article in New York times saying, that some jewish hollywood executives had decided not no ever work with Gibson again, because of the way he protrayed Jews in the movie. Also what i found interesting was, Gibson used his own money to pay for the production and cost of the movie, i think it was around $30million.

edit. on second thought, i think i might see this movie, because of all the controversial reviews its been getting. But i still don't believe Jesus is the son of God, or does God even exist.

smile.gif

quote:

Why is all religion is only 2000 or 3000 years old. When we all know human beings have inhabitated this planet far longer than than. And if God really created us, shouldn't he if have let his presence be known 50,000 years ago .

Hey isn’t that about the same length time men have kept written record of what they thought? Dig into a little history you will find out that cultures all around the world were making idols, buried their dead prepared for an after life, and other such religious rituals 10s of thousands of years ago. Its hard to know what people thought eons ago when there is so little record if any left of their existence.

I think that man has thought about his creator and where we can from for about as long as we have realized that we are different the rest of nature.

As far as God revealing himself to us… That’s called faith.

Paul wink.gif