Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chris Moffatt

JimFalbe

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning All,

Just an update. Chris is doing well today. In a lot of pain but better. This is what was originally emailed out to everyone, just so you know a bit more as to how serious this has been.

------

Chris had a bad motorcycle accident on Sunday night. He is in the trauma ward at Umass. They took out his spleen and part of his liver. His left kidney is also not functioning but they think it may come back so they didn't remove it. He also has a broken jaw, fractured ribs, a bad concussion, his left elbow is cut open and a lot of bruising and swelling. It is now Monday night and they have just remove the breathing tube and started to take him off sedation. They say that he seems to have turned a corner but is not out of the woods yet.

What I have been told by the investigating officer is that another car was blinded by the sun and turned in front of him. There was only 3 feet of skid indicating that Chris had almost no time to react. He was throw over the car and over another parked vehicle. He remained unconscious for quite some time before being taken to Athol Hospital. At that point he was conscious and told them that he had pain in his stomach. He was life-flighted to Umass where a cat scan determined that his spleen was shattered.

The hospital said he would be there for a minimum of a week and will most likely be followed by physical therapy.

Chris has no memory of the accident right now and still does not know what happened to him. I guess that's for the best. The bike is a total loss.

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns. I'm sure it will mean a lot to him when he is able to read them.

Brendan, I'm sorry I have not called you directly. His phone was lost and I just got the call that it was found.