Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Feature Suggestions

Rotary Ninja

In X6 (and possibly X5 too), you can pick up you last selection again, even if you bailed out of Translate 3D as you describe. In the General Selection ribbon bar, there is a small button with a blue arrow (pointing right-to-left). So lets say you've selected all your entities and then gone into Translate 3D. Now you press escape since it was the wrong command. At thispoint if you press the small blue arrow the system will re-select all of your geometry... now you can go to the correct Xform command :)

Works in X5 also!

Thanks Rich!

In X6 (and possibly X5 too), you can pick up your last selection again, even if you bailed out of Translate 3D as you describe. In the General Selection ribbon bar (which I call the All and Only bar!) there is a square button with a blue arrow, pointing right-to-left. So lets say you've selected all your entities and then gone into Translate 3D. Now you press escape since it was the wrong command. At this point if you press the small blue arrow the system will re-select your geometry... now you can go to the correct Xform command :)

I Never knew that button was there. That will help. Thank you!

FWIW - I still wish the entities would remain selected after effing up =)

hst horizontal restmilling?

(like pocket re-machining)

I have that in as an enhancement, many years ago

Best thing i have found is that if you are using 1/2"

em to a 1/8 em

I use 1/2 em for the initial path then I make two copies of the path using 1/4"

and 1/8" em's and for the step over I put 10" and it will tell you to pound salt.

but just hit OK it and it does what appears to be a contour using the horizontal path

not rest / horizontal but better then nothing

N

(like pocket re-machining)

I have that in as an enhancement, many years ago

Best thing i have found is that if you are using 1/2"

em to a 1/8 em

I use 1/2 em for the initial path then I make two copies of the path using 1/4"

and 1/8" em's and for the step over I put 10" and it will tell you to pound salt.

but just hit OK it and it does what appears to be a contour using the horizontal path

not rest / horizontal but better then nothing

Now thats thinking outside the box. I will give that a try. It would be nice to have a horizontal do some rest passes in the near future though.

I would really like to see...........when changing a drill depth, in a group of holes, when selecting that point that needs to go deeper, and click change at point, you are able to change it incrementally without have to know the absolute value it needs to go.

Thanks

Frank

When I go through those motions, click on the point in the "drill point manager" and select "change at point", the absolute depth I programmed is there, you can just put the cursor at the end of the numbers in the field and type "+.05" then hit enter.... it will do the math for you.

In the below pic, -1.25 is the absolute depth I programmed.

post-30600-0-74562200-1349984406_thumb.jpg

The advanced 5 axis toolpaths can do this, but not 3D surfacing toolpaths.

When reducing the feedrate on the first cut is mandatory, I backplot the toolpath,

save the geometry for the first pass and make a 3D contour toolpath wirth the desired feedrate.

I run than , then the real surfacing toolpath.

When surfacing, is there a way to reduce feed on the first cut?

Right-click on the toolpath and select "Toolpath Editor". Click the up-down arrows after the Point window to select the point in the toolpath you want to edit then click the "Edit Point" button. From there you can change the feed, coolant, etc. Make sure to set the coolant because for some reason when you edit a point the coolant defaults to "Off".

Right-click on the toolpath and select "Toolpath Editor". Click the up-down arrows after the Point window to select the point in the toolpath you want to edit then click the "Edit Point" button. From there you can change the feed, coolant, etc. Make sure to set the coolant because for some reason when you edit a point the coolant defaults to "Off".

Also, make sure this is the last edit you make to the toolpath. Once you use the toolpath editor, it locks the path and any future changes will remove anything you did in the toolpath editor....

When using "Edit Common Parameters", add the ability to change the Wall and Floor "stock to leave" values.

In making Electrodes, the method I use to apply Rougher Spark gap, I modify the "stock to leave" in the operations.

On my current job, I have 80 to 100 operations that I need to change the "stock to leave" value...

That is 80 to 100 chances I have to possibly put in the wrong value, vs. 1 chance...