Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

You have been programming too long when......

BCW

I set my stepovers to 50% the width of my mower. Then when I get to the edge of the fence and I can't take another 50% cut because only 33% is left,  I just leave it. Maybe next week I'll change my stepovers to 42% and see if I can get closer to the edge.

• Like 1

The mower works great without crashing, but the multi axis line trimmer is not much good on the hedges and bushes (keeps freezing or crashing) mind you it is the beta version so hopefully the next release will be more reliable

*in the check out aisle at Lowes with a new Husqvarna riding lawnmower*

Cashier: "Now, you have the option to buy a two year maintenance package for this lawnmower. If anything goes wrong, we'll update it for free, and you get to try out next years model early!"

Me: "Pfft. I don't need that, that's just a waste of money. I can fix it myself, and I'll have this thing for years, it already does everything I want."

*goes home, starts cutting grass, lawnmower works fine then suddenly pulls a hard right and crashes into a wall*

*shuts down and restarts lawnmower*

*CANNOT FIND VALID LAWNMOWER DEFINITION*

• Like 1

For those of you having problems with the new HS paths, you probably have incompatible grass.

If this is the case, you'll find that second best will cut, so just use a standard 2D zigzag.

Sometimes there is an odd area which won't clean up - if this is the case, just think outside the grass box, and use the X+ TPath sketcher. Nice and easy and gets 'er done!

• Like 1

Hilarious, I was cutting my lawn yesterday and was thinking I was running V9 a pocket toolpath with about 80% stepover. Then I read this thread.

I was having a problem with chip ejection, sometimes the cutter would get loaded up and throw the machine into emergency. Back the cutter off, start it back up and resumed the program. I did lower the feed rate and gave it a M00 occasionally so I could brush the chips out of the way.

My next door neighbor cuts at 45 degrees. Silly I don't see the advantage.

*Finishes mowing front yard, moves to mow back yard, error message pops up*

LAWNMOWER HAS CHANGED

The blade and engine in this operation do not match the blade and engine specified for the selected lawnmower

O   Update lawnmower and all yards that use the lawnmower

O   Create a new lawnmower. This will create a new blade with a new blade number

O   Cancel all lawnmower changes

• Like 6

*Finishes mowing front yard, moves to mow back yard, error message pops up*

LAWNMOWER HAS CHANGED

The blade and engine in this operation do not match the blade and engine specified for the selected lawnmower

O   Update lawnmower and all yards that use the lawnmower

O   Create a new lawnmower. This will create a new blade with a new blade number

O   Cancel all lawnmower changes

ROFL!