Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Done with X

oh brother

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh..I dont think we will have electricity in the a.m. snowing bad, then rain, then sleet, then snow. Doesnt seem to stop.

Next week talking upper 40s. It is going to be a mud hole.

next...flood alert bonk.gif

actually.. I think Midwest and Steve is getting hit worse then I am.. I will be suprised to see them clock in tommorrow.

I just really started using X and love it. No problems. Got everything configure the way I like it. The right mouse button. Got rid of all the toolbar menus. Either use right mouse button or top menus. When I first started thought everything was cluttered. I pretty much have it looking like V9 menus.Did my first big(complex) part with no crashes or problems. Dont see my self ever going back to V9. Thanks Mastercam.

I am sure your competition will be very excited about this. You're only hurting yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now come on !

This is kinda low ,funny argument ,designed against his boss ,maybe .

Just prove it to me .

I tried x2 in advanced things like high speed machining and I like it .

99% of my work is 2.5-3 axes stuff and 4-5 axes positioning

I do it fast

I AM CONFORTABLE .

I do not feel same comfortable in X .

I do use it for converting purposes ,though .

Iskander,

You will not understand until you invest the time and make yourself comfortable with the new technology.

X had problems when it first came out. Most of us pressed on in spite of this and are better off for it. You on the other hand have the benefit of being able to skip right over X and learn X2 instead. The stability is excellent and most bugs have been squashed.

If I had to go back and do it over again but was forced to do it on my personal time, I absolutely would. Power, Speed, Customization... These go a long way to making you feel satisfied at the end of the day.

I began with MCX last July without any outside training except for the very helpful people here at eMastercam.com and my own perseverance. Whenever I encountered a situation that was difficult I would simply asked the people here for there opinions and they were always very helpful. I am very thankful for all of those who helped me. I’m very happy with MCX2 and I hope I never go back to V9.1.

Keep at it and don’t give up. It’s definitely worth the time you invest.

Oh Brother,

Don't give up so easy.

When we got X we were super busy so I stuck with 9

to pump out the work. The guy sitting next to me

slogged along trying to learn X. Slowly he did.

In the summer we got slow and I forced myself to start using it (with a little help from him).

It takes a good couple of weeks of screaming at

your screen to make the transition. But no regrets now.

Can you take a training class?

Can you buy x2 design for a couple of hundred and

work on learning to draw at home with no pressure?

If you can get past the drawing part the toolpath stuff is easy enough.

Stick with it, I feel your pain. After years of thinking you know what your doing you feel like a total idiot for a while.

I have been using X and upgrading all our older

frequent use 9 files to X ..

It definitely is not something that you can just sit down at and expect to not feel a bit lost,,

After awhile things begin to make more sense,,

like the Geo selection toggle, and confirm

"Configure or customize" the right mouse button for some of your more frequent functions and you don't spend as much time looking for icons,,,

My first impression of X was what the #)*&$*) is this,??

Now I like it